Gibson Brands Forums

Wait, who is playing?

Izzy

This morning I was listening to Janet Jackson's black cat and it reminded me of a topic I'd started a few years ago. There's a solo in that song that's pretty amazing. I'm sure the guitarist is well respected in the world of music but he's not a well-known guitarist. Not like John Mayer, bucket head, or any guitar shredder the 80s.

Is there a guitar solo in some random song by some random guitarist that made you go "wow, that is awesome"?

I really like the Pat Benatar Heartbreaker solo. Who is this stud?!

heartbreaker

Yep.

Neil was one of those young stud studio cats that had an audition with Pat when she was putting her band together. She once said it was his good looks that made her go "WHOA!" before he even played a note. Turns out he's good looking and can play. Long story short they've been together ever since. Still tour regularly together. One of rock's most enduring marriages. Not to mention one of my favorite unsung guitarist.

I've seen a lot of guitar players in this life. When he was young and fine nobody came close to Neil Geraldo, except Howard Leese. Both strutted that stage like arenas were built for them, completely in command, gave it 140% every time I ever saw both in their bands.

rct

Archived