Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson Owner

ThIs

Hi Everyone!

I've been playing the guitar for about 40 years now and I've started out as a classical guitarist and when I started playing electric guitar I bought a Fender Stratocaster and had several versions of Strat-like guitars thru the years.

I've always loved the looks of Les Paul’s but they never felt right for my hand up until now. I had the chance of playing an awesome Les Paul Custom R8 from 2013 and a Firebird from 1976 and I was blow away. The Les Paul sounded amazing and I can't even try to describe how good the Firebird felt and sounded. This made me a bit more open-minded for Gibson and I headed down to my local music store and tried what in my opinion is the best looking Les Paul I’ve ever seen, The 2017 Les Paul Standard Bourbon Burst. The feel of this particular Les Paul fit me as perfect as can be and I totally fell in love with the Burstbuckers and the variation of sounds you can get from all the push-pull knobs. So now I’m a proud owner of this amazing looking, playing and sounding guitar and thought I wanted to join this forum to learn as much as possible about these amazing guitars.

Archived