Gibson Guitar Board: Questions about Beat Sync and Key Sync - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Questions about Beat Sync and Key Sync Issues with Beat Sync and Key Sync

#1 User is offline   BeatJacker 

• Group: Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:31 PM

BEAT SYNC:
1. When mixing with the mouse, and you right-click the Play button on a deck, you accidentally turn off the Beat Sync Latching Switch. The result is usually an accidental trainwreck sound - mismatched beats coming from the decks. Is this supposed to work this way?

KEY SYNC
2. I usually like to run Key Sync all the time on all decks. Why is there's no Key Sync Latching Switch?! It'd be nice if the Key Sync would have the Latching Switch, just like the Beat Sync. Maybe also a Master Key Sync button too, just like the Beat Sync Master button.
3. Editing the acceptable Key Sync keys. I want to add some key changes which are go a little further than the traditional ones (+1 or -1 in the same mode, or stay in key and change to the other mode). It would be great to have a screen where you can edit or enter new key changes, in order of preference. Like, +2 and -2 on the wheel. And maybe more.
4. Button on the controller to do Key Sync. I'm using the Behringer CMD modular DJ controller. Which button are you supposed to use to do "Key Sync" on any of the 4 decks? I HATE having to reach 3-4 feet across the table before playing every single song, and use the trackpad on the laptop to carefully agonizingly micro-position the mouse pointer and click on the Key Sync button on screen!!

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

1. It shouldn't disable the beat sync latch button (I will fix it). Said this, take into account that the default behaviour for right click over the play button is to start in sync with the master deck (I cannot reproduce the problem of the beat trainwreck).
2. I will add Key Sync Latching to the TODO list. We could add a global (master) key button but I think that it's simpler to use the master deck for the same purpose. There isn't either a global tempo slider/button.
3. Good request! I'm missing the same for beat sync (beat, bar, ...etc).
4. Which CMD are you using?

#3 User is offline   BeatJacker 

• Group: Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 13 June 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

1. It shouldn't disable the beat sync latch button (I will fix it). Said this, take into account that the default behaviour for right click over the play button is to start in sync with the master deck (I cannot reproduce the problem of the beat trainwreck).
2. I will add Key Sync Latching to the TODO list. We could add a global (master) key button but I think that it's simpler to use the master deck for the same purpose. There isn't either a global tempo slider/button.
3. Good request! I'm missing the same for beat sync (beat, bar, ...etc).
4. Which CMD are you using?

2. For Global Tempo slider, when you link the Tempo on 2 or more decks, and move the Tempo slider on that Master deck (or move the Tempo slider on the physical external MIDI controller), doesn't the Master deck's Tempo move, and also, all of the Tempo-linked decks Tempos also move in the same way?
4. I'm using CMD-MM1, CMD-PL1, CMD-LC1, CMD-DC1, CMD-DV1, the five modular controllers which connect into one big one.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users