Gibson Brands Forums

Sounds of Silence

jaxson50

Thanks for posting that, Jaxson. Really enjoyed it!

I'm guessing Mr. Vignola has had to weather a number of comments concerning the visual similarities between himself and a certain British bespectacled guitarist and former accompanist to Cliff Richard...hence the 'Shadows Shuffle' routine?...

Good Sport for taking it in a positive spirit!

msp_thumbup.gif

Pip.

He's an amazing player, makes it look so easy. Think he started guitar at age 5 or 7.

Saw him in duo a few years back.

Here's the dreamy Pat Metheny version, played on his Manzer Pikasso 42-string.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPGcsoucG3A

http://www.manzer.co...id=25&Itemid=24

Both of them are very nice, but I prefer Pat Metheny's version.

certain British bespectacled guitarist and former accompanist to Cliff Richard...hence the 'Shadows Shuffle' routine?...

Good Sport for taking it in a positive spirit!

Pip.

I thought that shuffle looked familiar Pip, just couldn't remember where it was from. Love Jaxson's second vid where they do a cool version of "Apache". Anyway the guy is fast - but can he sing? Just kidding, guys like that make me sick - play like the devil, and don't even have fret markers on the fingerboard. [crying]

1497664315[/url]' post='1862568']

I thought that shuffle looked familiar Pip, just couldn't remember where it was from. Love Jaxson's second vid where they do a cool version of "Apache". Anyway the guy is fast - but can he sing? Just kidding, guys like that make me sick - play like the devil, and don't even have fret markers on the fingerboard. [crying]

Frank V. is phenomenal, Tommy Emmanuel and Frank together makes me want to sell my guitars

unsure.gif

Archived