Gibson Brands Forums

Id like to report a FAKE LP

Rabs

Duff McKagan from G N' R used a fake LP a lot with his band Loaded. Odd these guys never got really big like say the Foo Fighters, as I think they were much better than FF (and Green Day!).

I like the music but the vocals kind of bug me. >.> Good music though.

I like the music but the vocals kind of bug me. >.> Good music though.

Ha! Yeah I get that. Duff was never really a great singer, but had lots of punk rock influences...and a lot of those guys couldn't really sing!

Wow! People really dislike Green Day on here. I don't think they are that bad...I mean I was never really much of a fan, but they do have some ok stuff like the Nimrod album and also some funny one liners in their early lyrics. For me, Green Day just remind me of high school and all the kids who didn't really like rock music (which was 99.9 per cent of them) seemed to accept Green Day for some reason. We used to play a few of their tunes in my high school band, mainly to keep people listening as the rest of our set was Metallica, Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath & some crowd pleasing Red Hot Chili Peppers. If it wasn't for Green Day we would have got bottled by the pop/ dance/ hip hop/ & general crap loving crowd! I went to an awful high school [thumbdn]

Good job this isn't a Beatles thread. Never say you aren't much of a fan of those guys or you get lynched!

I think Green Day is ok. I like The Ramones better. But, they brought that kind of a sound to a new generation. They're not my favorite, nor are the Beatles. Wait, put down those pitchforks and torches!

Wow! People really dislike Green Day on here. I don't think they are that bad...I mean I was never really much of a fan, but they do have some ok stuff like the Nimrod album and also some funny one liners in their early lyrics. For me, Green Day just remind me of high school and all the kids who didn't really like rock music (which was 99.9 per cent of them) seemed to accept Green Day for some reason. We used to play a few of their tunes in my high school band, mainly to keep people listening as the rest of our set was Metallica, Guns N Roses, Black Sabbath & some crowd pleasing Red Hot Chili Peppers. If it wasn't for Green Day we would have got bottled by the pop/ dance/ hip hop/ & general crap loving crowd! I went to an awful high school [thumbdn]

Good job this isn't a Beatles thread. Never say you aren't much of a fan of those guys or you get lynched!

Green Day are from the high school that I went to :0

I'm not a Green Day fan, or really a fan of "pop punk" (oxymoron?) in general, so I gotta bite my tongue a little

I should like Green Day based on other musical preferences, but for some reason I don't - maybe his voice or contrived catchiness, I don't know. I prefer Against Me in that sort of music, but I'd take the Stooges every day over any of the latter day 'punk' stuff though.

Haven't heard much Nickelback but I thought that song where they had the countdown timers over people's heads in the film clip was good (that was Nickelback yes?).

Blink 182... if I've heard them I'm not aware of it.

Archived