Gibson Brands Forums

Fishman - Never Had A Customer Service Experience Like This

MorrisrownSal

Howdy,

I have a Fishman SA220 which I bought in 2015. Warranty is inapplicable now. In February the channels started experiencing pops and static. Fishman showed me how to take off the grill, tilt out the unit, and clean out the open POTS with compressed air; they said it's a common problem, and the less you use your SA220, the more likely it is to occur. I did so and it worked. I have not gigged with it recently, as we have been using my buddy's Bose instead.

Fast forward to today. It started happening again. I called Fishman, and wanted to send them the unit to go over, as I cant see how its happening again so soon. The first gent I spoke with said he would send out a RA shipping authorization, and I could send it out to them, and for $50 bucks and return shipping they will fix it.

The RA didnt come. I called back yesterday. I talked to a different rep. The rep noticed that this is the second time this is happening in a short space of a few months. He told me the new SA330 does not have this issue, as the POTS are sealed. Some like the open POTS (if you are handy you can easily mess with them and clean them as needed for lifelong use). Some, like me dont want to deal with it. He said he is just going to replace my unit .

I said Whuh?

He said Uh Huh.

I said Really?

He said Uh Huh.

I said Whoa.

He said Cool.

I said Thanks

He said thanks for being a repeat Fishman customer (I have a Fishman history).

Very unexpected and cool. I'll ship it out today.

Sorry Grunt!

The Gain Control knobs... if your unit sits idle for a while. Dust may get in and cause a crackle. Known issue. There is a 5 minute (for me 15) fix... They have a pdf how to address it; I can email it to you so you have it handy. You will removes the front screens with an allen wrench, and the screw holding the main control CPU. You will tilt out the CPU. You will spray compressed air into the openings of the cpmtrol knobs (laid out in the instructions). Rea attach CPU and screen... good to go. It never happened while playing. It may happen after a few years if your SA220 is sitting in your home with less usage.

Easy fix. Perhaps annoying, but not enough to trigger the neurosis. Save that for excess glue on a brace...

Check your email Stu

What are pots Sal ?

FWIW, "pots" is short for "potentiometers". It is not an acronym so it should not be capitalized. :)

Great to see that some companies still appreciate their customers!

Hold on a second ....

They sending you a 330 ????

yepper.I am not sure there is any difference between the 220 and the 330 though. perhaps just the pots. I know If I needed to be louder and have more bass, I could buy and integrate a subwoofer, which i wont.

The 330 is 330 watts

As opposed to the 220 watts

And you get the option of a subwoofer like the Bose systems . And the fishman subwoofer is the base . So no big feet on the stand for drunks to trip on

I wish I hadn't bought one now , you coulda give me your old one 🤔😩

The 330 is 330 watts

As opposed to the 220 watts

And you get the option of a subwoofer like the Bose systems . And the fishman subwoofer is the base . So no big feet on the stand for drunks to trip on

I wish I hadn't bought one now , you coulda give me your old one 🤔😩

Naaaa... gotst to send in the old one.

Don't get customer service like that from anyone these days.

Awhile ago we had a thread about clip-on tuners and I posted how much I liked my Peterson Stroboclip, but mentioned that the plastic clip had broken and I repaired it with some wire. Forum member Johnny3j who works for Peterson saw my post and contacted me. A week later I received a replacement clip from Peterson at no charge and my old tuner is now as good as new.

So there still are a few other companies that go the extra mile for their customers. :)

Love Fishman. Great products and great service. I've been through so many pickups over the years but always end up coming back to Fishman. At the moment my main love guitar is my '41 Reissue SJ100 with Matrix Infinity into an Aura 16 and a Loudbox Performer. Great simple setup that sounds great and is loud enough for most small shows and can be DI'd for the bigger venues.

I had an issue with my originals Loudbox and Fishman took it back and sent me a brand new one, no questions asked. Really great service.

Archived