Gibson Guitar Board: Struggling Pulling the Trigger - Gibson Guitar Board

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Struggling Pulling the Trigger

#41 User is offline   MichaelT 

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:51 AM

View Postkidblast, on 22 June 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

NICE!!!

I worked in a band once with a guy who I found out was stealing gear/guitars from other local players. I quit on the spot.

That's a new kind of low when a "musician" steals stuff from a "fellow musician." There's a special place in hell for those kind of people and I'm pretty sure there's Muzak streaming into that area and it's all done on kazoo.

#42 User is offline   merciful-evans 

• I doubt I'm entitled to a title
  • LocationPortsmouth UK

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:03 AM

View PostFarnsbarns, on 22 June 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

I just walk through central Croydon with my CS case plastered with CUSTOM SHOP decals with a "come on 'en if ya fink yer 'ard ennuff" look on my face. One day, of course, someone might fink there 'ard ennuff. I just hope.they aren't when it comes down to it. After all I have a 15 pound, swingable weight in my hand. Ha.. :D

Carry the Custom Shop case with a Chibson in it. Wait! no... thats not right is it? :unsure:
Hagstrom Deuce / Fylde Acoustic / Variax Standard / Gibson ES-339 / Gibson LP Less+ / PRS SE Custom24 / Hofner HCT-J17 / Camps Spanish / Jackson Soloist / Rickenbacker 650 /Squier Esprit
Miele S5 Power 2200w Vacuum Cleaner
Makita BO3710 Finishing Sander
Verdict 6" vernier scale calipers
Whittard of Chelsea Florence blue teapot
Spear & Jackson 1712PF/INS12 trenching fork

Posted Image put the kettle on
I sometimes think; therefore I am intermittent
my band BLOWN OUT

#43 User is offline   kidblast 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

View PostMichaelT, on 22 June 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

That's a new kind of low when a "musician" steals stuff from a "fellow musician." There's a special place in hell for those kind of people and I'm pretty sure there's Muzak streaming into that area and it's all done on kazoo.

it kind of sets up the double scum bag situation...

bad enough, the thief alone, but to steal from another musician, when they know dam well how hard it is to save the money and buy decent gear...
yea,, people we need not deal kindly with...
/Ray

#44 User is offline   Twang Gang 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationLake Keowee, SC

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

Well we sort of high jacked the original thread, but we gave plenty of opinions on that so I guess we are free to carry on with the new subject of whether or not to take your best axe to the gig. I always took my number 1 to gigs, because there was a time when I only had one. But I agree, there is no point in having a great guitar if you aren't going to use it to perform.

I played a lot of rough neighborhoods in Chicago and it seemed that the gangs and crooks didn't bother someone carrying a guitar case very often. I don't know if it was that they had an affinity for musicians, or if they were scared you might have a sub-machine gun in that case? The problem was finding a place to park your car. You would double park in the street and unload there at the front door, but then you had to drive around quite awhile to find a parking place. Since it might be 20 minutes or more before I got back I didn't want to leave my guitar sitting unattended on the stage, so would always carry it with me from wherever I parked.

I was confronted only once in about 30 years by a fellow who pointed his coat pocket at me (I don't know if was really a gun or just his finger) and said "give me your wallet". I asked him if he knew what time it was and he said "yeah, about 8:00 PM". I told him he didn't want to rob me on the way into the gig. If he was going to rob me he needed to wait until about 2:30 AM when I was on my way out and had gotten paid. He said "good point" and let me pass. Fortunate for me he must have gotten drunk or robbed someone else as he was no where to be found when we packed up and left.
2017 Custom Shop 356 Mahogany/Maple Antique Natural
2017 Les Paul Standard T Honeyburst
2013 L5-CES Natural (Maple/Spruce)
2013 Les Paul Custom Lite (Mahogany/Maple) Ebony
2002 Custom Shop 336 (Mahogany/Maple) Vintage Burst
2007 Taylor Solid Body Custom (Sapele/Walnut)
2010 Fender Telecaster (Ash)
2006 Taylor Grand Symphony (Rosewood/Spruce)
1981 Ovation Balladeer
1963 Walthari Mittenwald Classical
Rivera Venus 6 (1 X 12)Combo
Blackstar HT-5R (1 X 10) Combo
AER Compact 60-2

#45 User is offline   pippy 

• LocationLondon, U.K.

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

View PostTwang Gang, on 22 June 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Well we sort of high jacked the original thread, but we gave plenty of opinions on that so I guess we are free to carry on with the new subject of whether or not to take your best axe to the gig...

As the OP hasn't even visited the forum since the thread was started almost a week ago I think we can all safely assume the 'question' as initiated was a complete waste of everyone's time. It did, however, meander off into an interesting little backwater so all-in-all it might be considered to have been not a total write-off.

Good point about the timing of a hold-up, though! Quick thinking on your part, too!

Posted Image

Pip.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users