Gibson Brands Forums

Not mine.. I think this is Nice..

slimt

Too much bling? Are you kidding, Slim? You can hardly see the guitar without sunglasses. Glad you brought it to my attention, as I would have never guessed Ren or anyone else would put that out there. Give me the plain Jane flat top any day of the week.

I like it. It's funny how they have incorporated some of the various models as inlays. One thing about these type of models is the neck heel carving is truly spectacular, even if you don't like too much 'bling' you have to admire the skill involved. If you have read the Gibson flattop book you'll see some even more impressive examples. I do prefer plainer models, but I can appreciate the craftsmanship here.

Somewhere a beach is running low on seashells.

If your bling saturation point has not yet been reached, you could always click on the “see other items” under gibson_supreme’s ID on the eBay page slim linked to; a bevy of Dove’s, and some nice examples of guitars made by Gibson and others with Brazilian rosewood.

At first glance, it didn't seem all that outrageous - but the longer I look, the more the outrage grows. That guitar is a veritable monument to overproduced recordings of otherwise excellent songs...😤

That's some pretty freaking weird bling on the bridge!

As it mentions in the text, that's a historic reference to Gibson's manufacturing of toys during the war. Normally, I don't care for bling beyond the basics, but the historic tie-in is kind of neat, especially the various instruments used for fretboard markers.

Sure, put me down for one!

I love all things Gibson and, being an SJ200 and Dove player, love a bit of bling on my guitars.

But...this is waaaay too much eye candy for me. Kinda gives me that feeling that you get when someone offers you more cake when you've already had enough cake, but you say yes and eat it to be polite...then spend the rest of the afternoon worrying that you're going to spew.

It also looks from the pics like the action's too high and there isn't enough saddle height to adjust it much. Imagine taking a $40,000 guitar for a neck reset!

Archived