Gibson Brands Forums

Before Gas and TV

MorrisrownSal

Rainy here. Gloomy. Cold for this time of year. Dreary. Yeah this song fits.

Its a Mark Knopfler masterpiece. I recorded this with my Martin D15, and my son's LG2 American Eagle on the lead. Apogee MiC recorded into Garageband.

Hope you like it! (And Lars I think of this as a song in your range that you would cover quite nicely...)

By the way, if you know the song, you will notice that I added a bridge in that is not in the song. I just thought it sounded right with it.

What a great song. He's an underrated songwriter. Love your lead work on this, really adds an extra dimension. I need to work out how to double track on a video. Funny you added the bridge. I thought about doing the same with the JJ Walker song I posted. The original has a couple of instrumental breaks which man and guitar can't do. So I thought a bridge might break things up a bit. Didn't bother in the end.

Nice thinking and execution on that idea by your good self.

Excellent, Sal. Yes that is for sure a song I could see myself giving a shot. I like it both in style and range. Also, I really like the album Mark Knopfler did with Emmylou Harris some years ago.

By the way, your multi tracking stuff sounds great. I also record with an Apogee MiC into Garageband, but I can't seem to get that smooth sound you have. The guitar often comes out with a tiny metallic ring that annoys me. I sing and play to the same track and put the mic a few feet away, at a height halfway between mouth and soundhole. How do you record and what does your room look like?

Lars

• 4 weeks later...

Archived