Gibson Brands Forums

Optimistically working it......VIDEO REDO

Buc McMaster

Started fiddling with this one last night and, perhaps prematurely, penciled it in for tonights' open mic. Trying to vocalize the slide guitar lick at the into.......might end up leaving that out if I can't make it work better than this. Punted the whole thing late. Ha! Oh well. I do enjoy the process of learning and putting a tune together..........this will get better!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQjj6AgavDc

A new take with capo at 2, fancy stuff left out until suitable instruments and harmony voices available! Retro Monel 12s, Trias 1.50mm pick.

Buc doing Sister Golden Hair? I'm not a fan of America the group, but had to listen. I am a fan of Buc's stuff

Great singing as always, the guitar sound as well. I really liked the ending [biggrin] Jest like me after the first verse and chores of songs I do

Buc,

My friend Mike and I play this song, as well as Ventura Highway, in our sets. Mike does play the slide parts and it works out awesome. The crowd lives these songs. Heck, I love America.

Anyways, great guitar, stellar vocals, and I think you will nuance a way to treat the slide parts. Kudos...

yea man, that works just fine.. I'm with the rest, love America, Thought about giving wild fire a try? that's another with a tricky signature intro but it works without.

I think you'd kill that one too.

Thanks, fellas. Open mic went well. This tune went okay but I discovered it works much better with the capo up a notch........kinda flat in this video but much improved a half step higher. The host sat in with me and sang harmony - very nice! - and did the slide stuff on a dobro.

Wildfire. Yeah, I know that one but those MMM high parts are a *****! Not ready for prime time at all!

Still workin' it!

Thanks, fellas. Open mic went well. This tune went okay but I discovered it works much better with the capo up a notch........kinda flat in this video but much improved a half step higher. The host sat in with me and sang harmony - very nice! - and did the slide stuff on a dobro.

Wildfire. Yeah, I know that one but those MMM high parts are a *****! Not ready for prime time at all!

Still workin' it!

Nice tune buc

Archived