Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson acoustics in cars

MR GIBS

We're going to a gig this afternoon. The group I am in. Rehearsal before the gig several hours in one of the members flat. My colegue plays an Epifhone AJ all laminate during the rehearsal...Then we go to the cars and I see him without a guitar."What guitar will you play?" I ask "The J35" he says"And where is the guitar?" I ask"In my car" ha says...Can you figure out how angry I am???When I opened the door of my car it showed 38 degrees Celsium...When I asked him why did he do so he told me that he had parked in a shadow...(his car WAS NOT in a shadow)Now we are waiting behind the stage and he did not open the caee yet to see IF the guitar exists...And this is MY J35....

38°C isnt that much. It is hot but in a car on sunny day you can get over 70° inside before you open the door [crying]

Hope your j35 is OK!

I assure you all : 38 degrees Celsium IS THAT MUCH. There are some electronic sensors that measure the temperature and the computer displays it very precisely on the display.

I could not almost touch the steering wheel of my car (parked in the adjacent location) !!!

The guitar has been in that car at least 3 hours. The car was parked in the sun with closed windows.

Well, the car in question is painted in white (If anyone is interested)...

Now the good news: the J35 is safe & sound.

I don't know how, but it is a fact.

Seems the materials that Gibson in Boseman Montana uses are highest quality!

And some bad news in the end: the guy who did this feels no guilt...

He understands that he does not act properly.

He has a higher law degree!!!

Really.

May be that's why he is living in this state of "innocent arrogance"...ь

Please God forgive him because I can not... msp_sneaky.gifmsp_sneaky.gifmsp_sneaky.gif

I assure you all that 38 degrees Celsium IS THAT MUCH. There are some electronic sensors that measure the temperature and the computer displays it very precisely on the display.

I could not almost touch the steering wheel of my car (parked in the adjacent location) !!!

The guitar has been in that car at least 3 hours. The car was parked in the sun with closed windows.

Well, the car in question is painted in white (If anyone is interested)...

Now the good news: the J35 is safe & sound.

I don't know how, but it is a fact.

Seems the materials that Gibson in Boseman Montana uses are highest quality!

And some bad news in the end: the guy who did this feels no guilt...

He understands that he does not act properly.

He has a higher law degree!!!

Really.

May be that's why he is living in this state of "innocent arrogance"...ь

Please God forgive him because I can not... msp_sneaky.gifmsp_sneaky.gifmsp_sneaky.gif

Unbelievable! That man does not touch another of your guitars period. I can't imagine treating my OWN instrument that way, but to treat someone ELSE'S guitar like that? [scared]

Unbelievable! That man does not touch another of your guitars period. I can't imagine treating my OWN instrument that way, but to treat someone ELSE'S guitar like that? [scared]

Doug,

This man plays my Gibson J35, my Epiphone Masterbild DRNC and two nylon string guitars I gave him and will play these instruments in the future.

Playing with groups (of people) is NOT an easy activity - you just have to pay for your participation eusa_wall.gif

Doug,

This man plays my Gibson J35, my Epiphone Masterbild DRNC and two nylon string guitars I gave him and will play these instruments in the future.

Playing with groups (of people) is NOT an easy activity - you just have to pay for your participation eusa_wall.gif

Repossess the Gibson. Just sayin'.

just my 2 cents here,

you are too kind.. letting some one use your guitars like that is very generous, and obviously the generosity is lost on the person you're helping.

he's not responsible. maybe, not purchased w/his money so doesn't really care? maybe just clueless?

just my 2 cents here, bit you are too kind.. letting some one use your guitars like that is very generous, and obviously the generosity is lost on the person you're helping.

he's not responsible. maybe, not purchased w/his money so doesn't really care?

Yeah , over here we would say 'he's taking the p!ss'

Yeah , over here we would say 'he's taking the p!ss'

Southern Illinois corn fed Redneck would have different words and a bad attitude.

However I would never have that problem as NO ONE would ever have my guitar in their possession.

Not even my Mom, May God Rest Her Soul......

Lawyer! Millenial? Does he have a 'man bun' ? I'm all for taking one for the team, but this guy needs to step up to the plate and buy a guitar for himself. Or, maybe he did and destroyed it.

I'm confused how a musician can be good enough to be in a group, but have to borrow 2 guitars from someone else. Does he only play at gigs and rehearsals? Doesn't need to practice? He must be really good.

I guess they give law degrees to all sorts of people: I wonder how much concern he shows for his clients.

Well Mr Gibs, you must be a very easy going bloke, there's no way I would lend this guy a guitar. He's shown total disrespect for your property, make the bugger buy his own guitars.

Ian

I would not describe myself as some "easy going bloke". I am not "easy" at all, but the case with this man is really complicate...

The first acoustic guitar in my life was my father's guitar. A guitar with 2 soundholes. This was the instrument I started to learn how to play by myself in the summer of 1976. During autumn of 1980 I joined the army (it was a must these days) and as I had no a guitar my father gave me his instrument to play in the barracks. Tree weeks later the guitar was stolen...

So I found another guitar to play on in the barracks but my father stayed without a guitar... And that is the fact that bothers me till this day! I never purchased a guitar for my father... He passed away and after he was gone I started digging what I did not do... But it was late!

Years after, to redeem the guilt I started buying guitars and gift them to some of my friends, who can not afford these instruments. I granted over 10 or 12 guitars till this day... But little by little I started to understand that this action "does not work too"... Some of my friends did not like the instruments I gave them, others just sold these guitars or traded them, ant the man mentioned above just stitched the nail trying to "kill them" by baking or freezing in his car's rack...

Now I know that every guitar player has to find and buy his own guitars. You can not grasp ideas in some other man's head.

On the other hand I play with this guy since 6-7 years, he is a very good poet and I made many songs based on the lyrics he has written. We work together in this group, we have 3 studio recorded albums, in this moment we record the 4-th album. I gave him a Gibson J35, an Epiphone Masterbilt DRNC and two nylon string guitars. If after all he learns how to take care of these instruments this will be our common victory. But if he continues with his destructive and irresponsible behavior he will deprive himself of these instruments. I just wash my hands. I learned my lessons and I payed a high price in money and emotions. Now it is the time for him to learn his lessons (if he is able at all).

Good to know there are men in world like you sir

A touching and admirable tale

I have open endedly loaned a PA system to a local kid who couldn't be buying one due to three small children and a wife .. I'm certain he'll look after it . He is gigging regularly with it and bringin money home.

If I find out he's leaving it lying around getting damaged then I'll take it off him

But you're right , it's nice to be nice

I kick myself every day wishing I'd had encouragement from others and the balls to go out and play music when I was younger . My life might have been much different

I always imagine that the world's full of jimi Hendrix's who's lives took a turn and had to sell a guitar because of a mortgage or some such thing

I hope then that this kid I helped , one day , will see another kid and pass it on to him or her

I would not describe myself as some "easy going bloke". I am not "easy" at all, but the case with this man is really complicate...

The first acoustic guitar in my life was my father's guitar. A guitar with 2 soundholes. This was the instrument I started to learn how to play by myself in the summer of 1976. During autumn of 1980 I joined the army (it was a must these days) and as I had no a guitar my father gave me his instrument to play in the barracks. Tree weeks later the guitar was stolen...

So I found another guitar to play on in the barracks but my father stayed without a guitar... And that is the fact that bothers me till this day! I never purchased a guitar for my father... He passed away and after he was gone I started digging what I did not do... But it was late!

Years after, to redeem the guilt I started buying guitars and gift them to some of my friends, who can not afford these instruments. I granted over 10 or 12 guitars till this day... But little by little I started to understand that this action "does not work too"... Some of my friends did not like the instruments I gave them, others just sold these guitars or traded them, ant the man mentioned above just stitched the nail trying to "kill them" by baking or freezing in his car's rack...

Now I know that every guitar player has to find and buy his own guitars. You can not grasp ideas in some other man's head.

On the other hand I play with this guy since 6-7 years, he is a very good poet and I made many songs based on the lyrics he has written. We work together in this group, we have 3 studio recorded albums, in this moment we record the 4-th album. I gave him a Gibson J35, an Epiphone Masterbilt DRNC and two nylon string guitars. If after all he learns how to take care of these instruments this will be our common victory. But if he continues with his destructive and irresponsible behavior he will deprive himself of these instruments. I just wash my hands. I learned my lessons and I payed a high price in money and emotions. Now it is the time for him to learn his lessons (if he is able at all).

That really is very generous of you.

Ian

you're a good man Mr Gibs.

I would encourage your friend to be more aware of the things one must think about with guitars and caring for them.

perhaps he just does not understand.. Sounds like you would be able to urge him to consider things a little bit more.

like not leaving a guitar in a stifling hot, or freezing cold vehicle for starters....

if you're not comfortable, the guitar is not comfortable... it's quite simple.

maybe teach him to fish, since you've also given him the pole, the hook and the bait.

I fully understand your motive for wanting to help people and feel better about the past. I suspect that many of us have been in similar situations. I've been there and, like you, have found that not everyone appreciates it. My most outrageous experience was when one person to whom I loaned a guitar on a long-term basis - with the restriction that he should return it if he ever grew tired of/didn't play it - tried to sell it back to me at the current market rate. Never again!

"I always imagine that the world's full of jimi Hendrix's who's lives took a turn and had to sell a guitar because of a mortgage or some such thing." (BBG)<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px;">

There But For Fortune, Go You Or I...?

You could lose sleep wondering about that.

'The Road Not Taken."

You could get into - " Was I Jimi Hendrix in my past life and now am making amends by working for the DEA ? "

My most outrageous experience was when one person to whom I loaned a guitar on a long-term basis - with the restriction that he should return it if he ever grew tired of/didn't play it - tried to sell it back to me at the current market rate. Never again!

yes,, that wins the door prize and the 50/50 raffle... hands down..

"I always imagine that the world's full of jimi Hendrix's who's lives took a turn and had to sell a guitar because of a mortgage or some such thing." (BBG)<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px;">

There But For Fortune, Go You Or I...?

You could lose sleep wondering about that.

'The Road Not Taken."

You could get into - " Was I Jimi Hendrix in my past life and now am making amends by working for the DEA ? "

Ah I wasn't including myself in the list of Hendrix

Far from it

Archived