Gibson Brands Forums

Tc helicon acoustic play

blindboygrunt

Don't wanna put mustard on your honey-pie, but please don't use this for vocal harmonies.

Let it lift, up-shine, glaze whatever your guitar, I don't mind, but artificial harmonies are lethal for me - kryptonite, , , and I came a long way to see you do that bar-gig, bbg.

Vox-harmonies in my opinion, is one of the finest features in music. I spent my entire life listening, learning and doin' them myself.

To hear the root-vocal split in 3 by a push on a pedal, kicks me out on the street with the saloon-doors flapping behind like elephant ears, , , deaf ones.

Don't wanna put mustard on your honey-pie, but please don't use this for vocal harmonies.

Let it lift, up-shine, glaze whatever your guitar, I don't mind, but artificial harmonies are lethal for me - kryptonite, , , and I came a long way to see you do that bar-gig, bbg.

Vox-harmonies in my opinion, is one of the finest features in music. I spent my entire life listening, learning and doin' them myself.

To hear the root-vocal split in 3 by a push on a pedal, kicks me out on the street with the saloon-doors flapping behind like elephant ears, , , deaf ones.

🙄

Ah crumbs

I wanna sell it now

I wanna sell it now

Different strokies for different folkies. I'm sure it's a fun toy and just as sure you'll get your kicks out of it.

It might add small miracles to your guitar-sound and I look forward to hear it. Still just don't think the multi-vox-split is for singer-players like yourself.

That could of course be an expression for my poor prejudices and lame limitations.

So go turn those buttons bbg - juggle - just don't turn me off

I use one. The body rez for the guitar is great. Buy the additional 3 switch accessory and only use the harmonies sparingly. I only use 1 button as a temporary switch for harmony, and I only use 1 preset out of the 100's available, that one being 1/3 above female. As example I may push it at the end of a phrase in the chorus for emphasis, I never use the switch to just turn it on, a little goes a long way.

What he said.

I've heard it used for vox well (enough), I think, and I try to be charitable toward all, but... my brain hears it as "other," and while the result is musical in one sense, it is soul-less in the main.

When I hear it, something screams "Don't listen!!! Elvis has left the building!"

Why put laminate layers on top of the solid tonewood that is your voice??

Get you some background singers...

You can do your own vocal harmonies live at the same time all by yourself? Now that's talent right there!

I would not get discouraged by the old school crowd, although in principle i do understand what they are saying and agree with them.

This box will not do well a three part harmony, at full volume, it will sound fake and almost anybody will notice it and cringe.

However thats not how I use it, but rather in a much more suble manner. Specifically, I normally use the single octave up harmony and keep it on for the whole song. But i only blend it at 20%, and what it does is give you this lovelly high end shimmer which is barely audible to the audience, but its clearly there. The trick is not to let you audience hear it, as it feels so ingrained in your fundamental voice. I do the same with a high / low blend, but mainly octave up.

Give it a go, tweak it, become a bit geeky with it and find what you like. The key advantage of PA over the VE-8 is that you have all these parameters which you can customise and tweak, which VE -8 doesnt, so get tweaking !

Thanks Aussie

I'll give that a go

I have wanted one of these for a while , I'm well aware it may not be the pot of gold. But anyone who's played solo gigs will be aware that a harmonica rack for a song or two or a loop pedal once in a while will help break up the set list

Ideally you have 6 men sitting in the car who you can call on during the gig to add piano or violin or whatever , but that's not possible unless you're a superstar

So ,

a , I am not overly fussed on plugged in sound of acoustics , the device claims to smooth out acoustic guitar sound

b , I'd like to click the button on a few chorus throughout the evening . As an example -Paradise by John prine needs 'something' to seperate the chorus as it's the same chord sequence and think I could add a little life to such a song

c , I'm not rich . So can't be looking at a trans amulet pickup a DI box and other gadgets . Also don't want a whole rigamarole

I have no intention of becoming kraftwerk

I enjoy pure acoustic music and I'd like to be sitting in the corner playingjust what works for me , but that's not completely possible. I'm employed by someone who wants me to entertain the punters. Lots of them aren't there for the beautiful sound of a mic'd martin . They wanna hear brown eyed girl.

So em7 , gimme a break ! 😂

But I do absolutely hear what you're saying

https://youtu.be/KVKDfRaanBE

Here's an example of what made me want one of these machines , subtle use but effective ... in the world of a guy in the corner of a pub.

Yeah, thats it, this guy uses the chorus pedal subtlely for the chorus and it does sound good. Applying just the amount of harmony to keep it at a minumum but still impactful. And he sounds just like you so you know it can work.

btw: even though im there to entertain the punters, i refuse to play brown eyed girl or sweet home alabama, point blank.

Yeah, thats it, this guy uses the chorus pedal subtlely for the chorus and it does sound good. Applying just the amount of harmony to keep it at a minumum but still impactful. And he sounds just like you so you know it can work.

btw: even though im there to entertain the punters, i refuse to play brown eyed girl or sweet home alabama, point blank.

Oh I also refuse

But you know what I mean , can't just sit and sing everything I like , ya can't ignore them .

So I'm gonna try and juzz it up

Oh I also refuse

But you know what I mean , can't just sit and sing everything I like , ya can't ignore them .

So I'm gonna try and juzz it up

Yeah, i do know ... thats why they get Wonderwall (but the Ryan Adams version !)

You can do your own vocal harmonies live at the same time all by yourself? Now that's talent right there!

Never succeeded in splitting my vocal on stage - but my personality was divided in 2 up there now and again.

Let's call it a pricey part of the fun. .

Archived