Gibson Brands Forums

Sweetwater Gearfest/ Don Ruffatto

kelly campbell

I attended Gearfest at Sweetwater this past Friday and Saturday since I live 55 miles from there and it is truely an amazing event. I met Don Ruffatto in the Gibson Acoustic tent and talked with him briefly both days. Don was very helpful and extremely nice and personable as well as being informative. Just wanted to give a shout-out to Don and thank him for putting up with us hoosiers. The Gearfest drew over 15,000 people for the two days and I am sure he was ready to get back home to Bozeman.

Last summer I broke my cardinal rule of never buying a Gibson I haven't first played and bought a J-35 from Sweetwater. I figured if I didn't like it, I could ship it back. They sent me a killer guitar that has just gotten better.

I've bought a couple of guitars and cases from Sweetwater over the years and have never had an issue. Along with Elderly and StewMac, they're kind of the gold standard of mail-order music stuff.

I agree with both of you guys, they are unbelievable in the store there as well, I can not tell you a better company as far as the service and attitudes. They know how to treat people. The owner Chuck Surrack stand by the entrance for those two days and greets people, it starts with him. He does a tremendous amount for the community.In addition to Sweetwater he has Sweet Aviation and Sweetcars(and boy they sell nice cars). Athe gearfest he brings in a small airplane, a helicopter and three extra nice cars including a Lamborhgini and lets people sit in them all including kids, and there is no supervision of them.

I'm a big fan of Sweetwater and I've bought my last 4 guitars from them including my bucket list acoustic (SJ200).

The guy I've been working with for these past 10+ years (Stuart Niven) is exceptional.

if I'm not going for a used item, I won't buy gear and music related products from anywhere else.

I'm also a big fan of Sweetwater and my sales "engineer," Chris McCown. I've bought most of my guitars from them. Living in South Carolina, I have never been able to make the trip to their business but maybe when I retire.......

• 1 month later...

Archived