Gibson Brands Forums

A visit to Boston

daveinspain

Hey you guys, watch out, I'll be on the continent soon... [thumbup] Time for my anual visit home to see the family. My mother's pushing 92 years old so every chance I get I try to visit while I still have her. I'll make the usual rounds of local guitars shops and Guitar Center. I will not buy any guitars though. My brother got us tickets to see Foreigner, Cheap Trick and the Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience, 7th row center... I love Foreigner and always liked Cheap Trick, they made some very catchy tunes back in the day that rock. I'm really looking forward to Jason Bonham and the Led Zeppelin Experience! I haven't heard any reviews but I'm sure he's gonna have amazing musicians with him and he's got the music in his blood...!!! Did I mention I am not gonna buy any guitars this trip? Anyway just thought I'd let you know in case anyone happens to be in the area... Will definitely hit the Abby for some good eats too. I will not buy any guitars... =;

Hey you guys, watch out, I'll be on the continent soon... [thumbup] Time for my anual visit home to see the family. My mother's pushing 92 years old so every chance I get I try to visit while I still have her. I'll make the usual rounds of local guitars shops and Guitar Center. I will not buy any guitars though. My brother got us tickets to see Foreigner, Cheap Trick and the Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience, 7th row center... I love Foreigner and always liked Cheap Trick, they made some very catchy tunes back in the day that rock. I'm really looking forward to Jason Bonham and the Led Zeppelin Experience! I haven't heard any reviews but I'm sure he's gonna have amazing musicians with him and he's got the music in his blood...!!! Did I mention I am not gonna buy any guitars this trip? Anyway just thought I'd let you know in case anyone happens to be in the area... Will definitely hit the Abby for some good eats too. I will not buy any guitars... =;

Make sure you show us pictures of the Guitars you "aren't going to buy". [biggrin]

Kashmir on Newberry for excellent authentic Indian. Sure, a certain guitar player from a certain band from that town goes there, sure we've seen each other there, sure, but Joe is just lucky because I went there first and told him about it, it's famous because of me dammmit!!!

rct

I am going to see that concert in HersheyPA in a couple of weeks. Foreigner is pretty much a cover band now where Jones gets rolled out to play rhythm on a few songs. They still sound great but in no way is it Foreigner of old. I got $20 tickets so I am going to see Cheap Trick. Enjoy Beantown and "not" buying any guitars.

Kashmir on Newberry for excellent authentic Indian. Sure, a certain guitar player from a certain band from that town goes there, sure we've seen each other there, sure, but Joe is just lucky because I went there first and told him about it, it's famous because of me dammmit!!!

rct

I trust you rct so I will go and check it out... I do love Indian! Will also hit Essex Sea Food for a clam and scollop plate as well.... Also on my list Union Oyster house, Atlantic Fish Company and Top of the Hub..,

I trust you rct so I will go and check it out... I do love Indian! Will also hit Essex Sea Food for a clam and scollop plate as well.... Also on my list Union Oyster house, Atlantic Fish Company and Top of the Hub..,

As you walk in to the dining room, look right. Not against the window, the next table in, at the wall. Mr and Mrs That Other Guy may be sitting there if a Friday evening, 8 ish. If a smokin hot platinum silver blonde is looking at you, well maintained high mileage model, walk up and tell her husband you were wondering if rct was here so you could get his autograph.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Long story. Someday we'll have a beer and I'll tell you.

rct

My mother's pushing 92 years old so every chance I get I try to visit while I still have her.

You're a good boy Dave, a very good boy. Have fun in Boston, and more importantly, with Mom.

As you walk in to the dining room, look right. Not against the window, the next table in, at the wall. Mr and Mrs That Other Guy may be sitting there if a Friday evening, 8 ish. If a smokin hot platinum silver blonde is looking at you, well maintained high mileage model, walk up and tell her husband you were wondering if rct was here so you could get his autograph.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Long story. Someday we'll have a beer and I'll tell you.

rct

http://s226.photobucket.com/user/Daveinspain_PB/media/IMG_8271_zpssepaid4x.mp4.html

I am going to see that concert in HersheyPA in a couple of weeks. Foreigner is pretty much a cover band now where Jones gets rolled out to play rhythm on a few songs. They still sound great but in no way is it Foreigner of old. I got $20 tickets so I am going to see Cheap Trick. Enjoy Beantown and "not" buying any guitars.

I do like Kelly Hanson's voice very much, sounds exactly like Lou Gramm... I don't consider them being a cover band at all...

Archived