Gibson Brands Forums

Another WARNING

E-minor7

!

I bought one of these last year and had my leg pulled. Now he's up again.

It wasn't as thick as described, definitely not beveled and didn't even have the right size.

Met hard resistance when confronting the seller and wrestled back and forth with words'n'photos until eBay entered the scene and forced him to refund.

Lost the shipping cost, , , but not my memory. And can't let the guy get away with this - he's shameless.

http://www.ebay.com/...B0AAOSwMvtZSvqo

This is what you'll get - in a blank version.

http://www.ebay.com/...roAAOSwAL9UbuJY

Remember the name ? A banned member here.

I bought a batwing from him for an LG2. It was horrible, not cut even. Lines did not match up. I complained. He ultimately relented and refunded everything but th shipping as well.

I wish I knew you had your issues prior to mine. I think mine happened about ten months back.

Buyers...Stay clear.

Want a guard? One of three places to go. LMII. GuitarGal in Nashville. And Holter Pickguards in Quebec.

Hint #1: Maybe anyone clearly flying the Jolly Roger on his chest might be approached with some caution-

lXGQ1IC.png

It's a shame, the disappointment that occurred with the forum member's refin job on that L-00 a few years back- Mr Fox put a labor-of-love book together on Gibson's off-brands with a huge list of guitars made in Kalamazoo under a host of obscure names, and it appears that he is still adding to that list. Seems his strength is in writing/research, and not guitar accessories, refinishing, and customer satisfaction.

Interesting assortment of bridge pins - any special reason?

Now you've gone and done it, cowpoke. Em7 is a keen student of the variables that affect tone, and his pin selection reflects that. With luck, he will enlighten us once more.

Interesting assortment of bridge pins - any special reason?

Seems Nick suggests we end this thread on a positive note.

Why not.

What looks like an earth-coloured rainbow in that fixed bridge is nothing more than 3 bone and 3 wooden pins*.

Normally try to empathize the bass and dampen the trebs, especially on these (old) square Gibsons, which can be a bit top-brittle.

The e B and G could also have been plastic – it depends, , , and I don't mind conventional even aesthetics here.

Quite opposite - the guitars show some personality by their individual pin parades. Hopefully heard in the sound too.

*2 spruce, 1 rose , , , not that there's any difference

Seems Nick suggests we end this thread on a positive note.

Why not.

What looks like an earth-coloured rainbow in that fixed bridge is nothing more than 3 bone and 3 wooden pins*.

Normally try to empathize the bass and dampen the trebs, especially on these (old) square Gibsons, which can be a bit top-brittle.

The e B and G could also have been plastic – it depends, , , and I don't mind conventional even aesthetics here.

Quite opposite - the guitars show some personality by their individual pin parades. Hopefully heard in the sound too.

*2 spruce, 1 rose , , , not that there's any difference

Thanks! I'll be mixing a few pins soon👍

...has anyone got any "historic" pics of THAT burst?

I too remember the burst and the fatal repair job from 2-3 years ago.

However there's a line (don't know if it's fine) between casting light on a con-man and rolling him in feather and tar.

The following isn't directed to you, Jinder, but as the threadhost I suggest we focus on the ball not the guy here. Just generally speaking.

What's important is the warning and the thread not being closed down. Therefor recommend members not to be too personal.

I'm sure sure you all know what I mean.

With open ears'n'eyes

Yours sincerely

E-minor7

I too remember the burst and the fatal repair job from 2-3 years ago.

However there's a line (don't know if it's fine) between casting light on a con-man and rolling him in feather and tar.

The following isn't directed to you, Jinder, but as the threadhost I suggest we focus on the ball not the guy here. Just generally speaking.

What's important is the warning and the thread not being closed down. Therefor recommend members not to be too personal.

I'm sure sure you all know what I mean.

With open ears'n'eyes

Yours sincerely

E-minor7

I'm (easily) confused.

Not that I care a whole lot about bogus stuff on eBay anymore - but in your Original Post you wrote:

"Met hard resistance when confronting the seller and wrestled back and forth with words'n'photos until eBay entered the scene and forced him to refund. <br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px;">Lost the shipping cost, , , but not my memory. And can't let the guy get away with this - he's shameless."

So, it appeared the intent of the thread was to focus on Pfox's business practices as much as his products.

Regardless - my 2 cents: anyone who would attempt to market himself and his products using a picture like that, probably has products as attractive as the spokesperson.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm (easily) confused.

I understand - guess there was and is some anger left in my initial post. What I continued to do was to prevent the thread from goin' clean witch-hunt.

However it is in my interest to shed light on this trickster - and he's still up - http://www.ebay.com/...B0AAOSwMvtZSvqo

Hope you see, forty. Else do respond, , , , , , in about a week, right. .

Archived