Gibson Guitar Board: Tune ALL your songs - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tune ALL your songs Tuning

#1 User is offline   TheSundog 

• Group: Members

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

Deckadance now can tell you what key a song is in. Wouldn't it be great if DD could re-tune songs to a specific pitch as they play? All tunes in A - suddenly, they are all perfectly A440! Really a feature I'd like (and need).

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:02 AM

DD let you re-tune songs in +/- 12 semitones but you have to use the key slider or the key sync button. The problem in your case with the key sync button is that it executes harmonic mixing (...it finds a compatible key that is closest to the master deck key). I understand what you need and I will investigate how to add it to DD. An option would be to introduce the following changes:
- Adding an option to preferences: Key match method -> harmonic mixing or exact match.
- Adding key sync "lock" button feature, so that, whatever change in the master deck key will affect to slave decks.

#3 User is offline   TheSundog 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 03 July 2017 - 03:02 AM, said:

DD let you re-tune songs in +/- 12 semitones but you have to use the key slider or the key sync button. The problem in your case with the key sync button is that it executes harmonic mixing (...it finds a compatible key that is closest to the master deck key). I understand what you need and I will investigate how to add it to DD. An option would be to introduce the following changes:
- Adding an option to preferences: Key match method -> harmonic mixing or exact match.
- Adding key sync "lock" button feature, so that, whatever change in the master deck key will affect to slave decks.

More and more, I think the addition of live to canned is the key, at least for me. I had a drummmer come in last week (with his electronic drums) and the crowd went wild as he and I played along with the hits. The dynamic of live players can not be simulated or overstated. It gets EVERYBODY moving - not just the canned fans. This week, a great guitar player I worked with is coming in. We're doing a whole set of ZZ Top and Bad Company. Should be a ball and the people are lining up!

I've come to believe in my new approach Luis. It's working and I have TWICE the fun, myself. I am a sort of Karaokee musician in this case. I am going to expand on this and offer guest spots to nearby players. Mixed with DJinng of favorite tunes, you get it all. Like seeing a DJ, a live band and I also do comedy pieces. My phone is ringing!

IF you can add the auto-tune functionality, I would double love it!!

I added a PDF screen shot of Sony's Pitch Plug. This is how I'm doing it now but it's a ton of work.

Again, thank you for looking into this! Have a great one.

TomAttached File  Pitch Thing.pdf (108.08K)
Number of downloads: 4

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users