Gibson Brands Forums

Just ordered a Fender Squier Telecaster

RevDavidLee

Only $199 at Musicians Friend with a ROSEWOOD fret board [omg] They have other colors but this one has that "Gretsch look" and for that price I wanted to add it to my brothel. Will likely put better tuners on it (if needed) and maybe beef up the pups or the electronics. Seems to have garnered good reviews so far so maybe it won't need any upgrades. We'll see. If it needs any upgrading it will be a fun summer project. I already have 5 Teles but this one just looks like fun!

0310200596_gtr_cntbdyleft_001_nr.jpg

Only $199 at Musicians Friend with a ROSEWOOD fret board [omg] They have other colors but this one has that "Gretsch look" and for that price I wanted to add it to my brothel. Will likely put better tuners on it (if needed) and maybe beef up the pups or the electronics. Seems to have garnered good reviews so far so maybe it won't need any upgrades. We'll see. If it needs any upgrading it will be a fun summer project. I already have 5 Teles but this one just looks like fun!

0310200596_gtr_cntbdyleft_001_nr.jpg

I like the color of it. Let us know how it sounds.

Lovely looker, Rev! I really do like the orange with rosewood look. Gorgeous!!

Reminds me of Tangerine flavour Angel Delight for some reason...

msp_thumbup.gif

I was given a cheap-as-chips 'BlackGuard'-style Squier Tele and it's a very nice playing guitar - and I don't just mean 'for the price'. I mean it is a Very Nice Playing Guitar Period.

If we're going to be pernickety I suppose the selector switch could, perhaps, be more solid in feel but apart from that?...

I hope you'll be as happy with your new arrival as I have been with mine.

Pip.

I've actually never played a Tele! At that price... I hear Squiers are better than they used to be, so who knows? Could be a good guitar. I'm not a Fender guy, really, but one thing I'll give them is that they're lots of bang for the buck. They've earned their consistency rep.

Very cool! [thumbup]

I have a Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster that I love!

It has a single coil in bridge and a mini-humbucker in neck.

I like it as much as my MIM Fender Tele that cost 3 times as much. [biggrin]

This guitar arrived a few days ago - I am still figuring out how I'm going to post photos since the whole Photobucket fiasco. She plays wonderful. The fit, finish & setup are flawless. She holds tune extremely well so far. This guitar is killer for the price & I'm keeping it. I ordered a hard case which will be delivered this afternoon. The playability and feel of the neck are well above what I expected [thumbup]

Never owned a Squier but played several.....

General consensus is that they punch well above their weight....[thumbup]

I bought a Squier 50's Vibe Tele a year or so ago:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleCV50BB

Forgive the SW stock photo, but the whole Photobucket thing... well, you know...

In any event, this guitar definitely "punches well above its' weight. I couldn't be happier, and congrats on the NGD Rev!

This guitar arrived a few days ago - I am still figuring out how I'm going to post photos since the whole Photobucket fiasco. She plays wonderful. The fit, finish & setup are flawless. She holds tune extremely well so far. This guitar is killer for the price & I'm keeping it. I ordered a hard case which will be delivered this afternoon. The playability and feel of the neck are well above what I expected [thumbup]

I bought a Squier 50's Vibe Tele a year or so ago...

Forgive the SW stock photo, but the whole Photobucket thing... well, you know...

In any event, this guitar definitely "punches well above its' weight. I couldn't be happier, and congrats on the NGD Rev!

The Classic Vibe line is great - particularly considering the price point. I ditched my standard Jazz Bass bridge in favor of the Classic Vine one which is three times as beefy! A bandmate of mine has a CV Tele and it's really nice. The pickups are the only real weak point - super hot ceramics- but they have a "vibe" about them. [biggrin] That orange Tele is a real looker, Rev.

Congrats!

I agree Squier makes some great stuff. I love my Squier Jazz Bass which is an Affinity model which I think is the cheapest one. It has some little Chinese quirks here and there. The two gears in each tuner do not fit together correctly, so if you keep turning the tuning key it will eventually start to bind up before it snaps back into partial alignment. As long as its not binding at the part of the tuning key rotation where the string is in tune, it stays in tune great and doesn't have any issues.

I guess in my case, for about $200 I got a perfectly painted beautiful body, comfy neck with great fret work, and as far as I can tell some pretty good sounding electronics. Tuner and bridge could be improved, but the rest of it is very comparable to a much more expensive instrument

Ooooh,

That's nice Rev.

I've had a couple Squiers and really liked them. I figure they are the best bang for the buck out there.

Mine were Indonesian. The were great geets.

Also love my MIMs. Just picked up a Tele for cheap. Plays great.

Congrats!

Before you go changing anything, spend some time and adjust the pickup height and put a set of good strings on it...I have not had any problems with Squeir Telecasters at all. Quality is very good, sound and play great. I wouldn't worry about the tuners, either.

Enjoy it!

Archived