Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Preview

darling67

Looks pretty snappy. Not familiar with Gretsch much myself so not sure what they sound like but hopefully you know, and it will fill a niche in your guitar tone spectrum.

Too bad you have to wait for it, once you've pulled the trigger on a new guitar it's nice to have it to play as soon as possible. Look forward to your review once you get it.

Looks pretty snappy. Not familiar with Gretsch much myself so not sure what they sound like but hopefully you know, and it will fill a niche in your guitar tone spectrum.

Too bad you have to wait for it, once you've pulled the trigger on a new guitar it's nice to have it to play as soon as possible. Look forward to your review once you get it.

Thanks!

Gretsch's definitely have their own sound and feel. I was playing a friend's Gretsch (different model) over the past month or so... playing it just "acoustically" in his office at work. I loved how it felt/played, as well as the "boxy" sound that would come out of it. I am pretty sure it will be carving-out its special niche in my collection of exclusively Gibsons and Fenders.

I don't mind waiting a little. Gives me something to look forward to.

I bought one a couple years ago - in red. Haven't really bonded with it. Hope you do.

I did add a roller bridge which helps it stay in tune.

DSC_0743.jpg

I think I will. It'll be good to have something different for playing different kinds of music other than that which demands an SG or a Les Paul, etc.

Thanks for the heads-up. Did you find that staying in-tune was a major issue, or just a minor annoyance?

It will definitely not sound GIBSON!

I have a few gits w/bigsby's. Do yerself a favor, get some big bends nut sauce and apply it to any place where the string makes contact.

(nut, saddle, roll bar.) it will improve the tuning stability quite a bit.

It will definitely not sound GIBSON!

I have a few gits w/bigsby's. Do yerself a favor, get some big bends nut sauce and apply it to any place where the string makes contact.

(nut, saddle, roll bar.) it will improve the tuning stability quite a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely do something about the tuning stability.

I may well be wrong, but I think I recall Rev DL getting something similar a while back (?).

Enjoy!

I will have to inquire....

I really like the finish on that. I only have one Gretchen and it is a Korean one. Great quality guitar. Let us know how yours is when you get it.

Yeah, the finish is quite nice. Most Gretschs are made in Japan, China or Indonesia... I think? The few models that are made in North America are out of my price range.

I most definitely will—I'll post pics, at least. I am not too good at reviewing guitars. Ha!

Thanks for the heads-up. Did you find that staying in-tune was a major issue, or just a minor annoyance?

Either depending on how much wiggling one did with the Bigsgy. It wasn't terrible, but I would have to tune between songs more often than I liked. I prefer to tune once a year like you can with a Tele.

I felt it was time I owned a Gretsch! So, I ordered this gorgeous thing a few days ago...

g5655tcb-center-block-jet-electromatic-hollowb-bigby-georgia-green-hd-60610.jpg

I should have it, hopefully, sometime next month... and will post an actual "NGD" when it arrives.

[biggrin]

Hell yeah! Love that color too! Looking forward to your review once she's in your hands. Congrats! Gretsch has such a great color pallette to choose from. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Hell yeah! Love that color too! Looking forward to your review once she's in your hands. Congrats! Gretsch has such a great color pallette to choose from. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Thanks, Rev! I might have opted for a similar-sized model as yours, but I've always preferred smaller-bodied guitars. I'm not a "little guy", but whenever I can avoid any chance of this, I do:

cab1725516339f35cf79ff8fbe19b608--ac-dc-rockstars.jpg[laugh]

I felt it was time I owned a Gretsch! So, I ordered this gorgeous thing a few days ago...

g5655tcb-center-block-jet-electromatic-hollowb-bigby-georgia-green-hd-60610.jpg

I should have it, hopefully, sometime next month... and will post an actual "NGD" when it arrives.

[biggrin]

She's pretty alright. I hope you give us some feedback on quality and build. I just have this thing about the brand moving into China. When Gretsch was in the states many moons ago is when they had all the love.

She's pretty alright. I hope you give us some feedback on quality and build. I just have this thing about the brand moving into China. When Gretsch was in the states many moons ago is when they had all the love.

I know... I try hard to acquire guitars made in the U.S.A.—if that's where they've historically been made. But the American-made Gretsch models (and there doesn't seem to be too many of them) are out of my price range. Though, for an MSRP of $849.00, one should be able to expect a good-quality instrument. [-o<

... and that Georgia Green finish is enough to help me ignore where it was made. [wink]

• 3 weeks later...

Love the colour! I wanted one of the GT-5620T centre block ones in that but couldn't afford one when they were about, and no they're all gone :(

Congratulations, all the same!

It's with a heavy heart that I must announce that I will not be getting this Georgia Green 5565T. Spoke with a customer service rep. today about this guitar's availability, and he told me he did not expect any more to come in.

But all is not lost!

Undaunted, I went back to my list of guitars I've been eyeing recently, and I place an order for one of these gorgeous Koa Wildkats!

WildkatKOA_Splash.jpg

I'll be posting an actual "NGD" perhaps as soon as later this week!

Archived