Gibson Brands Forums

It's almost time...what are your hopes for 2018 models?

norcalpiper

So at the end of next month, the 2018 lineup will be released. Gibson seems to have settled with 2 special models,and a standard model, with maybe a LE 2 years running. What would you like to see added?

I, for one, am dying for Gibson to release an updated or reissue SG junior with one pickup.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly , I would just be happy with an expanded color selection! I would kill for tv yellow or gold bullion something or other, white, invernes anything breaking away from the red, black and vs main colors and the pelham outliers. Nickle hardware and vintage tuners! [thumbup] Oh and a non break the bank model with a maestro lyre would be nice to have again!

I have been waiting for the whispers of the 2018 lineup to pop up here. I love the anticipation associated with the new Gibson lineup releases. After they are released.....well that feeling is a little more hit or miss depending on the year. Overall I liked the 17' offering's for the most part but if the people who make decisions about the upcoming lineup at Gibson asked me what I would like to see for 2018 it would be.....a Firebird 1 (not likely), TV yellow les Paul jr (maybe), a natural color option for explorers and flying v's (I don't see why not), and last but not least, drum roll please, 2016 pricing (haha, fingers crossed on that one!!). All joking aside, I am looking to add a new guitar to the pack next so I hope one of my wishes comes true.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Zzounds.com on their Instagram account, after a tour last week of Gibsons new show room there are tons of new Sg offerings for 2018! Lets hope there are at least a few bright and shining stars in the bunch! [thumbup]

I am hoping they don't jack the price up by $100 in the middle of the year, like they did with the 2017's. Everyplace was selling then for $1299 for a standard. I picked one up, a week later went to buy a second standard and the price went up to $1399. So, I figured I would wait for an 18 to see hope they are.

I've got some info on, and a pic of, the 2018 SG Faded in "Worn Bourbon". Looks sweet. I may need to look into one when they're available.

Of course, "ethics" would make it questionable for me to share.

Thats not very nice........ I am specifically looking for a non faded cherry special to round out my stable! You sir are a tease!

dying for Gibson to release an updated or reissue SG junior with one pickup.

:) and the LP-Jr and something similar to the 2014 Melody Maker imo. More P-90 love imho. More innovation in the entry level which Gibson has always excelled in imho.

I really think they should build a simple 3-P-90 5-way switching on a stab board mahogany body/neck entry level as the Tribute etc. I think they NEED a new "innovative" double cut model different than the LP and SG more like a LP-Copy with better top horn access yet it secures the set neck better and crosses the SG/LP line. And while the "past" is assured they have made much progress since and I think that 2014 MM is a great example, thats the area they should target MORE imho. Because thats the area where it hits the mass population and is more likely to gain greater acceptance and quickly. To me its easier to create a success and less expensive here then to offer a new conceptual design that really not many can play and it fails more for this reason. If it succeeds here it will succeed with more appointments, custom matched tops etc.

Thats not very nice........ I am specifically looking for a non faded cherry special to round out my stable! You sir are a tease!

[flapper]

All I know about, regarding SGs for 2018, are the Faded and the Standard. The Standard will come in a new(?) finish called, "Autumn Shade". Looks purdy....

[flapper]

All I know about, regarding SGs for 2018, are the Faded and the Standard. The Standard will come in a new(?) finish called, "Autumn Shade". Looks purdy....

lol, you know the rules......... [flapper] pics or it didnt happen!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've got some info on, and a pic of, the 2018 SG Faded in "Worn Bourbon". Looks sweet. I may need to look into one when they're available.

Of course, "ethics" would make it questionable for me to share.

Anything to relay on LPs?

Glad to see I wasn't the only one dieing for the big reveal!

Dying is probably a bit over the top :).. Just curious.. Im lucky, I have four Gibbies I love and apart from a CS 336 that id like some day im really happy with what I have.. So its more like, what stupid s**t are they going to come up with this year :)

My tip is to keep checking amazon.com they have been the first ones with details the last few years.

Archived