Gibson Brands Forums

The Just Got In From the Veterinarian thread....

rct

yeesh.

Ichabod took a bad turn on Saturday the first. Won't move, won't eat, won't drink, throws up a lot. He does this once in a while when he furballs up inside, or worse, eats some bit of plastic he found. It's been a long 12 years keeping plastic out of his mouth, bags and stuff, he'll chew on them and it goes in and once in a while it gets stuck. We know the drill.

But the drill wasn't happening, and on Sunday morning he was still bad. Noon on Sunday we went to the local "emergency" 24 hour hospital, the only one around here. 5 hours later they basically told us they couldn't do anything without certain diagnostics, that they don't have. Take him up to the city, go to Penn.

We were going to go there in the first place. Stupid us.

Got up to Philly and got him in around 8pm on Sunday. After much waiting around, he needs surgery. Got home at 3.30am on Monday.

He's gettin operated on now. Send karma.

Thanks.

rct

Man, I am so sorry.

My cat does the exact same thing. She chews on all soft plastic, cellophane, stuff like that. Had to replace my plastic shower curtain liner with one made of linen because she was chewing on it and throwing up 10-12 times a day. It took me a couple of weeks to figure out what it was that was making her sick.

I will pray for Ichabod. Hope all goes well. I really do.

[unsure]

Thank You folks. He got through the operation great, they cleaned him out. He is normally post-operative cat, and should hopefully eat this afternoon.

rct

Thanks again folks, and thanks for asking Steve!

Fingers crossed, touch wood, don't want to put the malocchio on it all.

He's well, recovering just great. But he's 70 miles away. And they wanted us to leave the Jersey Shore and come up to Philly on Fourth of July. So no, we are going up tomorrow afternoon, which prolly won't be much better but a little less risky. We just don't want to put this effort into it all and have him expire in a car on NJ42 while we sit behind some dooosch that rolls his SUV over because he's not getting enough bars.

Thanks again folks. We won't sigh with relief until he's home and laying on top of one of us.

Both of us, me and Mrs: Last week, last final paper due Friday, last class for both of us for our second degrees, this one in Business. What. A fukking. Week.

rct

Archived