Gibson Brands Forums

Could someone recommend me a small valve amp please?

AndyK

[thumbup]

After trying out the Bassbreaker 15 (I already have a Blues Jr.) did come to the same conclusion, that Rob and "the Captain," did...one of each! :D

CB

those videos are really cool! i'm on an Anderton's binge-watch now, thanks for sharing! :)\

-Don

I'll give another nod to Blackstar.

Love my club 40. Plenty loud for the med size bar we just did.

Weight was a big deal for me also when I bought it. I phukked that up by putting a beefier

speaker in it but it's still doable. The crunch on it is great.

The only pedals I use are an EQ and a H2O chorus/delay thingy.

They don't break the bank either.

• 3 months later...

I phoned up Anderton's today. The bloke was on the ball - immediately gave me a p/x price for my EVH. I'm going up on Wednesday afternoon! [thumbup]

Thanks for all the suggestions. My lead guitarist pointed me in a direction... all will be revealed on Wednesday! :)

I phoned up Anderton's today. The bloke was on the ball - immediately gave me a p/x price for my EVH. I'm going up on Wednesday afternoon! [thumbup]

Thanks for all the suggestions. My lead guitarist pointed me in a direction... all will be revealed on Wednesday! :)

Another options (controversial as it may be) would be to rehouse the chassis from the amp into a head and then running into a decent cab sim and into the house PA. This would probably be lighter than most other options

For a relative low powered tube amp / solid state I recommend the RAT amps:

The youtube link is to a test of the Fender "hot rod" version. I had (my son now has it) the standard Bugera dual rectifier RAT. Good amp.

Archived