Gibson Guitar Board: Live - Canned - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Live - Canned An approach

#1 User is offline   TheSundog 

• Group: Members

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:57 AM

Greets. I have played Bass professionally for 40+ years. I've worked with some greats during that time (Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, etc.) One thing that live music has over canned is the excitement generated by live input. I've added live playing to my DJ show (DJ Sundog). I have guests come up and we play along with tunes. Seems simple, but it's not. Done right, the crowd goes nuts.

I wonder if OTHER DJ's are doing this or have tried it? I'd like to converse.

DJ Sundog

#2 User is offline   BeatJacker 

• Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

View PostTheSundog, on 08 July 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

Greets. I have played Bass professionally for 40+ years. I've worked with some greats during that time (Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, etc.) One thing that live music has over canned is the excitement generated by live input. I've added live playing to my DJ show (DJ Sundog). I have guests come up and we play along with tunes. Seems simple, but it's not. Done right, the crowd goes nuts.

I wonder if OTHER DJ's are doing this or have tried it? I'd like to converse.

DJ Sundog

Hi DJ Sundog,

I'm working on doing this.
There are many original artist "electronic duos" who do exactly this as part of their live stage show - one plays the music back behind a DJ setup plus keyboard, while the other sings and plays a guitar, bass, keyboard, or any instrument.
Here's a list!
https://en.wikipedia...onic_music_duos
Many famous groups from the 80s, and forward to now, such as Erasure and Eurythmics followed this electronic duo format.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users