Gibson Guitar Board: My favorite time of the day - Gibson Guitar Board

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My favorite time of the day

#1 User is offline   Martin 1940D28 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 434
  • Joined: 18-August 10

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

is when I log onto this forum, one of my favorites today and of memories of long ago. A combination of Major Bowes and Ted Mack's Amateur Hour, Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts, The Gong Show, American Idol, Ed Sullivan's Toast of the Town Show and Boston's own Community Auditions. Many more than one, good for a great laugh, Very few great talents, Much wasted time listening to all the 'wannabes of which I'm in first place, self proclaimed, and all the many behind me. JMOWO.
0

#2 User is offline   flatbaroque 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2347
  • Joined: 24-September 10

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

Welcome back Jerry!
0

#3 User is offline   ThemisSal 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4347
  • Joined: 28-July 12

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

Get off my lawn
0

#4 User is offline   AnneS 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1426
  • Joined: 20-August 10
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

When Phyllis Diller and Simon Cowell show up, it must be a real talent show!
Gibson 2000 J-100XT
Gibson 1964 LG-1
Gibson 2014 J-45 Elite Custom
Ibanez PN1 Parlor

"He woulda taken the other road, but he didn't think the lake was that deep." JPrine

http://soundcloud.com/anne-rachel
0

#5 User is offline   kidblast 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8589
  • Joined: 29-March 12
  • LocationCentral Mass (U.S.A.)

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

in the mornings before everyone has woken up and started to annoy me...

and yea,, like Sal said,, get off my lawn...

(seriously, it is early mornings, esp weekends, when I'm usually spending some quality time with my SJ200 or, (gasp, oh no, what!!) Taylor GS..
/Ray
0

#6 User is offline   GuitarGeordie 

  • GuitarGeordie
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 71
  • Joined: 12-May 17
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne, England

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

Not sure what happens while I'm asleep but I do hope Daisy Lowe pops in again.
A parting thought..............
"Better keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt."
0

#7 User is offline   OldCowboy 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2902
  • Joined: 06-February 16
  • LocationIndiana - Texas - sometimes Lost

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

Night - I'm essentially nocturnal - when all the critters are fed, watered, bedded safely down; wife is sleeping and dreaming, perhaps, of the 'honey do' list she can reveal next day, but thankfully not now; guitars and books and recordings and movies await politely; I prowl the internet, contemplate the loss of my youth, step outside to commune with (and facilitate) nature, admire the luminous glow of my watch - trippier when you're not straight, but that's a bygone life interval....
0

#8 User is offline   blindboygrunt 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8062
  • Joined: 22-November 11

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

Who's daisy lowe ?
0

#9 User is offline   OldCowboy 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2902
  • Joined: 06-February 16
  • LocationIndiana - Texas - sometimes Lost

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

View Postblindboygrunt, on 10 July 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Who's daisy lowe ?

And do we want to know?
0

#10 User is offline   EuroAussie 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7079
  • Joined: 16-May 10
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

Yet he still cant help himself to post anyway, despite his sheer disgust. The narcisst.

Is it Big nose Jerry or is whats his name has returned..?
___________________________

The Big Fat Lady 02' Gibson J-150
The Squares 11' Hummingbird TV, 08' Dove
The Slopeys 11' Gibson SJ (Aaron Lewis), 02' AJ
The Pickers 43' Gibson LG-2, 09' Furch OM 32SM (custom) , 02' Martin J-40
The Beater 99' Cort Earth 100
The Lonely Electric: 95' Les Paul

What we do on weekends:
http://www.reverbnat...oubleshotprague
0

#11 User is offline   OldCowboy 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2902
  • Joined: 06-February 16
  • LocationIndiana - Texas - sometimes Lost

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostEuroAussie, on 10 July 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Yet he still cant help himself to post anyway, despite his sheer disgust. The narcisst.

Is it Big nose Jerry or is whats his name has returned..?

I be confused😯
0

#12 User is offline   Buc McMaster 

  • Follow your joy, grasshopper.
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2698
  • Joined: 03-March 09
  • LocationTexas!

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

ALL have the freedom to IGNORE all sources of discourse that might tend to annoy them.
J45 Vintage - J45 12 fret
Knowin' where you're goin' is mostly knowin' where you have been. Buc, from Me & Eddie
ATLANTA: Bitter Tears An original account of Gen'l Sherman's march through Georgia in the winter of 1864
0

#13 User is offline   OldCowboy 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2902
  • Joined: 06-February 16
  • LocationIndiana - Texas - sometimes Lost

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

View PostBuc McMaster, on 10 July 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

ALL have the freedom to IGNORE all sources of discourse that might tend to annoy them.

Right! But I still be confused😯
0

#14 User is offline   Martin 1940D28 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 434
  • Joined: 18-August 10

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

Boy, this is my best post yet, according to the number of responses, nothing to be ashamed of, I don't have a "tin ear" I hope, or a big nose, but I look into a mirror every time I say, "here I am, look at me, listen to me, a'int I great, whaddya think, boy do I have talent, I'fn 'ya don't agree with me you are a troll, pia, stay outta my life, I'm much to important to waste my time on you". A happy time of the day for me, along with the rest of you losers. And, along with myself, I feel right at home.
0

#15 User is offline   OldCowboy 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2902
  • Joined: 06-February 16
  • LocationIndiana - Texas - sometimes Lost

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

View PostMartin 1940D28, on 11 July 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Boy, this is my best post yet, according to the number of responses, nothing to be ashamed of, I don't have a "tin ear" I hope, or a big nose, but I look into a mirror every time I say, "here I am, look at me, listen to me, a'int I great, whaddya think, boy do I have talent, I'fn 'ya don't agree with me you are a troll, pia, stay outta my life, I'm much to important to waste my time on you". A happy time of the day for me, along with the rest of you losers. And, along with myself, I feel right at home.

Will my confusion never end? 😯 WTF IS GOING ON?
0

#16 User is offline   Martin 1940D28 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 434
  • Joined: 18-August 10

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

Don't expect you to understand, having not been around very long. MOWO, consider it personality conflicts. I've only, so far had 3 negative ratings from the jelly fish members, although I thought there'd be many more. A "jelly fish is a being without a spine or backbone, similar to the members on this forum known as "Gibson Geldings" that hide behind a keyboard". Don't get me wrong completely, I've met many top notch folks on this forum and am totally amused by the jelly bellies that post here. Just take what I say with a grain of salt along with the many others. Thanks all for your replies to my worthless posts. You know who you are, the ones that amuse me the "mostest".
0

#17 User is offline   OldCowboy 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2902
  • Joined: 06-February 16
  • LocationIndiana - Texas - sometimes Lost

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

View PostMartin 1940D28, on 12 July 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

Don't expect you to understand, having not been around very long. MOWO, consider it personality conflicts. I've only, so far had 3 negative ratings from the jelly fish members, although I thought there'd be many more. A "jelly fish is a being without a spine or backbone, similar to the members on this forum known as "Gibson Geldings" that hide behind a keyboard". Don't get me wrong completely, I've met many top notch folks on this forum and am totally amused by the jelly bellies that post here. Just take what I say with a grain of salt along with the many others. Thanks all for your replies to my worthless posts. You know who you are, the ones that amuse me the "mostest".

Hadn't thought of it, but I guess my tenure is rather brief, considering how long some folks have been here. Sure hope all is well among all of us and that I haven't contributed, albeit unwittingly, to any problems😰
0

#18 User is offline   bobouz 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2879
  • Joined: 10-August 10

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostOldCowboy, on 12 July 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Hadn't thought of it, but I guess my tenure is rather brief, considering how long some folks have been here.

And some folks have been here even longer than their listed dates (I recall having to reregister at one point).

Regardless, it's not a big deal, imho....... and OC, you've more than made up for lost time!
> Gibsons: '22 "A" Mandolin / '66 ES 125T / '90 Tennessean / '00 J-100 Xtra
'02 J-45 Rosewood / '02 SG Faded-moon / '06 ES 335 / '09 ES 339
'10 ES 330L / '11 ES 335-P90s / '12 ES 330 VOS / '12 LP Special
'12 J-185 / '13 LG2-AE / '13 Midtown Kalamazoo / '14 J-15
> Epis: '66 FT45n Cortez / '00 AIUSA-John Lee Hooker 1964 Sheraton
'05 McCartney 1964 Texan (Terada-Elitist) / '09 Elitist 1965 Casino
> Martins: '00 OOO-16 / '01 Custom Rosewood D / > Ibanez: '81 M-340
> Guilds: '73 F-30R / '74 F-40 / '76 G-37 / '92 D-6 / '94 JF-30 / '97 Starfire
'14 Savoy A-150b / > Breedlove: '10 American Series OO Mandolin
0

#19 User is offline   jannusguy2 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2605
  • Joined: 28-June 10

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

Christ on a crutch, I thought I was old!
0

#20 User is offline   fortyearspickn 

  • Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2889
  • Joined: 28-December 07
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

View Postblindboygrunt, on 10 July 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

Who's daisy lowe ?


Per Google - an English fashion model.
SJ200 2004
H'Bird TV 2010
J45 Custom Koa 2013
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users