Gibson Brands Forums

Gary's Classic Guitars

theflyingturtle

One of the brick and mortar shops that has a virtual storefront on Reverb that keeps popping up with small-bodied Gibsons is Gary's Classic Guitars. Has anyone ever been there before?

Never have been there, but I always thought his vintage guitar prices were way high. He has a nice selection, though.

Yes! Yes there are. :-" Do you know where I can find a not insanely prices LG-2?

Not at the moment. But, I'm not looking for one. I can tell you where the stuff i'm interested in is listed . I'd bet with persistent web searches, you'll find yours sooner vs later. You have to keep digging. Be patient.

Gary's prices are nuts! I can't believe he's actually selling guitars for the prices he's asking. Are there that many rubes out there?

The question is - is he actually getting those asking prices. I have never bought anything from Gary's so do not have a clue how much he is willing to haggle. About two years back I had a chance to buy a vintage Gibson that I turned down. The instrument ended up going to a guitar show where Gary's bought it. When he posted the guitar for sale it carried a price tag of around $2800 more than I could have snagged it for.

Archived