Gibson Brands Forums

The Hummingbird

Buc McMaster

I'll start a new thread once I have snapped some choice pics...I picked her up this afternoon and won't be home until the early hours, had to make quite a road trip to pick her up!

She's perfect though, sounds silky and plays like butter-Graham Parker in London did a full setup, fret dress and recrowning last week and cut a new bone saddle for her too. Very comfortable action and not a buzz anywhere, a fabulous setup job.

The nectar is in full evidence with this one. Rich and warm with tons of sustain. Ah!

I'm not sure on the finish, the dates say it should be Fullerplast but it certainly looks like Nitro to me...how would I be able to sleuth out which is which?

I'll start a new thread once I have snapped some choice pics...I picked her up this afternoon and won't be home until the early hours, had to make quite a road trip to pick her up!

She's perfect though, sounds silky and plays like butter-Graham Parker in London did a full setup, fret dress and recrowning last week and cut a new bone saddle for her too. Very comfortable action and not a buzz anywhere, a fabulous setup job.

The nectar is in full evidence with this one. Rich and warm with tons of sustain. Ah!

I'm not sure on the finish, the dates say it should be Fullerplast but it certainly looks like Nitro to me...how would I be able to sleuth out which is which?

The type of finish would typically show around the scratches. The fuller having some kind of milky character - fx by the edges.

But if yours is clean and unharmed, that might not be an option.

Also the fuller looks a little artificial. Try to A/B the top-reflection with the Dove from a certain angle and tell us what you see.

Will await a sound-test with glee, , , that perhaps could show what the heck to do with sustain. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . msp_cool.gif

Archived