Gibson Brands Forums

Best Luthier in Silicon Valley? (nicked frets on Les Paul)

silver_mica

During rehearsal a music stand fell across my Gibson Les Paul. The Les Paul was in its stand, the music stand fell perpendicular to the strings - it appears that the high E string dug into several frets leaving a small nick on each fret. Given the location of the nick is at the highest B (and above) - I'm not necessary afraid to file this myself. I have the tools. However, it's probably best to have a luthier do this for me (I'm not working - so trying to save money). So, my question is this: who is the best luthier in Silicon Valley? (San Jose, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, etc.)

Thanks!

David

Anyway, here are some photos and a video showing the issue. The video illustrates this the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAGEzRA-QvA

IMG_1351_nicked_frets_gibson_les_paul_zpsvhmvdmp4.jpeg

IMG_1351_nicked_frets_gibson_les_paul_crop_2_zpstc9sryhc.jpeg

Guest Farnsbarns

During rehearsal a music stand fell across my Gibson Les Paul. The Les Paul was in its stand, the music stand fell perpendicular to the strings - it appears that the high E string dug into several frets leaving a small nick on each fret. Given the location of the nick is at the highest B (and above) - I'm not necessary afraid to file this myself. I have the tools. However, it's probably best to have a luthier do this for me (I'm not working - so trying to save money). So, my question is this: who is the best luthier in Silicon Valley? (San Jose, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, etc.)

Thanks!

David

Anyway, here are some photos and a video showing the issue. The video illustrates this the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAGEzRA-QvA

IMG_1351_nicked_frets_gibson_les_paul_zpsvhmvdmp4.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

IMG_1351_nicked_frets_gibson_les_paul_crop_2_zpstc9sryhc.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

I guess you missed the photobucket thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived