Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement Tuners for Southern Jumbo Mystic

SonofSkywalker

Hi Guys

I'm looking to replace the Grover rotomatics on my Southern Jumbo Mystic Rosewood to something lighter and more vintage looking probably white or preferably aged so they match the binding.

It's quite headstock heavy at the moment it'd be great to find something that would slot straight in... I don't mind having to drill extra mounting screw holes

Thanks everyone 😃

Hi Guys

I'm looking to replace the Grover rotomatics on my Southern Jumbo Mystic Rosewood to something lighter and more vintage looking probably white or preferably aged so they match the binding.

It's quite headstock heavy at the moment it'd be great to find something that would slot straight in... I don't mind having to drill extra mounting screw holes

Thanks everyone 😃

Safest bet is stewmac

Fair choice of different tuners and prices

They'll also help you out with fitting instructions.

Welcome to the Rotomatics Suck Club........heavy, ugly things. Due to headstock bore and the bolt-on design of these monstrosities, the only thing that will replace them without modification to the instrument are Grover 135 Series with keystone style knobs.........drop right in and reduce headstock weight dramatically. Lower mounting screw matches up, top screw not required due to the bolt-on post.

ps.........DO NOT over tighten the nut when doing the install! Just snug is good enough......too much tightening will shatter the nitro finish and leave raccoon eyes around the post washers......ugly.

Archived