Gibson Brands Forums

Sheryl Crow Country Western

CrowCW

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of stuff going on with this guitar. Signed labels and such. Gibson actually shipped 24 in 1990 but the guitar didn't appear on the pricelist until 2000. It listed for $2699.00 in 2000. By 2002the price was up to $3134.00

There were a lot of years of production so I won't bother to list them all. If you have a particular year in mind I will try to find the info for you.

Lots of stuff going on with this guitar. Signed labels and such. Gibson actually shipped 24 in 1990 but the guitar didn't appear on the pricelist until 2000. It listed for $2699.00 in 2000. By 2002the price was up to $3134.00

There were a lot of years of production so I won't bother to list them all. If you have a particular year in mind I will try to find the info for you.

How many in 2001, Hogeye? I have #355 of 400 from that year.

Fred

How many in 2001, Hogeye? I have #355 of 400 from that year.

Fred

I made a big mistake in my first report. I stated they were first on the pricelist in 1990 and 24 were shipped. That is incorrect. The first record of any being shipped was 1999. Sorry for the confusion that I may have caused.

Gibson shipping records are pretty difficult to decipher. There are many categories and interestingly enough they don't always match up. The Guitars could be lumped together and listed as custom pieces with no delineation as to what models are included in that category or they could listed under "special run" guitars again with no separate model listing. My suspicion is that they are listed under the "special run" category with no breakdown for the various models in that classification. So----Having said that there is no way to know the number. The shipping records show no Sheryl Crow models being shipped in 2001.

Just another of the many mysteries of the Gibson system.

I sincerely doubt that they made 355 Sheryl Crow guitars in any one year but the number could be a running number total for the entire run of several years. I do know that she signed the first 100 labels and had to sign at least one other bunch as well.

Archived