Gibson Guitar Board: Auto beat grid function - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auto beat grid function

#1 User is offline   Junior_R 

• Group: Members

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

A question about how this function works. Say for instant the auto beat grind detect the bpm of a particular song at say 150 bpm... but should be 75 bpm...But the system detects the down beat in the wrong place..in order to correct this you have to disengage auto grid then set the proper bpm and set the proper down beat and reanalyze the file. But if you re-engage auto beat grid it still doesn't see the new down beat that you set...I am thing that maybe a phase shift is need in the auto beat grind....So you can move the down beat to the proper place while the auto beat grid is still engage. So all song can have the auto beat grid for a proper beat and phase mixing...

Also I notice Beat X fade only works on decks A & B only...

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

You are right, there is something weird happening if you edit the downbeat in manual grid mode and you change to auto grid (...I'm investigting it). If you only need to set the downbeat and apply double or half BPM buttons then you don't need to switch to manual grid mode to do it. Manual grid mode is only needed when the auto BPM engine cannot find the beats placement correctly.
Beat X fade only works on decks A&B. I thought that nobody was using this function, I would change it to add channels C&D.

#3 User is offline   Junior_R 

• Group: Members

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:34 AM

I was just wondering why we are unable to adjust the beat grid in auto grid mode as we can in manual mode. We should be able to shift the beat grind in auto mode all other DJ program give you that ability. I like the way Engine Prime from Denon DJ does it and I thing they use the same z-plane algorithm like you I think. Say for instant a Shift Key plus the the left right arrows under the beat grid would give you like a micro shifting of the beat to properly line up the beats.Then the auto beat grid would just accordingly. Also the ability to name cue points and the ability to multi-sort for better smart playlist. I will put together a wishlist of features from other programs (Media managers and DJ software) that I would like to see in Deckadance later today to see what you thing of the ideas....

#4 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them. I have implemented multi-column sorting, it will be available in the next release. One thing that I'm missing in the song manager is the "history" function (...to know what songs were played and when).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users