Gibson Brands Forums

My Dirty Life and Times - Warren Zevon cover

flatbaroque

Nice thanks, FB!

Did you go to my barber? Phillip - but "Fillet", I think they call him.....?

Watching you made me think how I have never ever played my OM18V with a pick, very different sound. Mine is sitting in DADGAD tuning currently, wonderful with a capital W!

BluesKing777.

Nice thanks, FB!

Did you go to my barber? Phillip - but "Fillet", I think they call him.....?

Watching you made me think how I have never ever played my OM18V with a pick, very different sound. Mine is sitting in DADGAD tuning currently, wonderful with a capital W!

BluesKing777.

Thanks BK.Fooled ya! Not actually using a pick but my thumb and index finger are close together.Basically just using the nail on my index finger for both up and down strokes..with some occasional thumb added.So I guess the nail really is just a pick.Look close again you will see.

Yea I play some Luka Bloom and Roy Harper songs in DADGAD on this guitar too.One of Martin's best.

Wonderful! You have a very "real" voice. I don't know how to describe it, but you make all songs sound like they are yours and about your own experiences. That is a great talent! I was listening the the album The List by Rosanne Cash yesterday, and although the performances were top notch, they all sounded like she was singing someone else's songs, which she in fact was...

Lars

Yes, very nice. Went to hear Warren Z's version again, as this one didn't receive the kind of air play as the songs that really paid the rent for him. And this caused me to brush up on "Carmelita" last night. Good to keep his music going, and a nice do by you.

Archived