Gibson Guitar Board: Alone? - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alone? Alone?

#1 User is offline   TheSundog 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:14 AM

How D. I'm curious, is there anyone else out there in DD land that also adds live music performance to their show? Last night, people went nuts when I played along with "Bastille Day" by Rush. The applause was amazing! I am convinced that merely standing there playing "records" is no longer adequate. People are packing to see my show and I am feel that it's me playing along with tunes that is building me a new rep.

Are any of you PRO DJ's also musicians??

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Well, let's going to say that it's not very usual to see it, but it's really appreciated by the public because it makes the show a lot more human (...just my point of view). A long time ago I worked as DJ in my city but I never added live music performance to my shows (...small ones). Said this, I have seen various shows where live music performance is added to the main Dj show, specially in Ibiza discos (Privilege, Amnesia, ...etc). Keep on it!

#3 User is offline   TheSundog 

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:33 AM

Thanks Luis! I've mostly played in bands but have twice had fairly cool DJ shows in the past. This is the first time I've tried to combine the two. A LOT of work I must admit but I like that. Kind of untrodden ground too so I often have to improvise. You never know what's going to happen once you step out from behind your mixing desk and mingle with the crowd, live.

I remotely control my DD computer using my phone when I am out live. NOT the most convenient thing to manage. I may mount a phone right on my bass. I'm using Chrome remote and set up my own WIFI for each show. I am looking for ways to speed up that process too. I CAN log onto ANY of my computers and operate them in this way but the phone screen is so small and difficult to "mouse" around. With DD, a remote control such as a phone or tablet can be MOST entertaining to the audience as they've not seen this done like this (DJing). Wish I could afford a digital mixer with some kind of controller. Money talks.

Does anybody else have this issue (running your own WIFI for shows)? I CAN pre-program stuff to happen but that's what I want to get away from. I want to be able to do what I want, live and in color but to do that I MUST be able to SEE and to MOVE. Grrr.

Attached File(s)

#4 User is offline   BeatJacker 

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostTheSundog, on 17 July 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

Thanks Luis! I've mostly played in bands but have twice had fairly cool DJ shows in the past. This is the first time I've tried to combine the two. A LOT of work I must admit but I like that. Kind of untrodden ground too so I often have to improvise. You never know what's going to happen once you step out from behind your mixing desk and mingle with the crowd, live.

I remotely control my DD computer using my phone when I am out live. NOT the most convenient thing to manage. I may mount a phone right on my bass. I'm using Chrome remote and set up my own WIFI for each show. I am looking for ways to speed up that process too. I CAN log onto ANY of my computers and operate them in this way but the phone screen is so small and difficult to "mouse" around. With DD, a remote control such as a phone or tablet can be MOST entertaining to the audience as they've not seen this done like this (DJing). Wish I could afford a digital mixer with some kind of controller. Money talks.

Does anybody else have this issue (running your own WIFI for shows)? I CAN pre-program stuff to happen but that's what I want to get away from. I want to be able to do what I want, live and in color but to do that I MUST be able to SEE and to MOVE. Grrr.

I'd get an Android tablet, or an iPad, mounted securely on a mic stand with a special "tablet clamp". Then you'll easily see your remote DD computer screen, and be able to remotely mouse around with great ease, while out playing in front of the crowd.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users