Gibson Brands Forums

Hello, New from Northern Virginia

TopDawg

Hello Everyone,

Glad to be here.. I've been reviewing posts for several hours and already like the Fouum.

Let me start by saying I'm retired Air Force after almost 23 years. Got the Handle because I was the Senior ranking dog handler, trainer and keeper otherwise known as a Kennel Master.

Enough about me but I have a nice short blurb about my Gibson Acoustic. My sister tells me she had an old guitar in the closet she didn't know what she do with. Without seeing it I told her I'd take it. At the time I was in the middle of relocating so I didn't pay much to it but eventually got the bug of wanting to learn. I took it to a guitar center to have new strings put on it and they estimated it as a 1949 model. Later another place said 1969. Anyway I don't know what I have except one nice sounding instrument. I also have a newer Epiphone Masterbuild with amp. Nice but I prefer the sound from the Gibson.

Thanks for reading and providing great content to read.

Sorry, I tried adding pics which were resized to be smaller but it kept saying file to large. Will try again.

Hello Everyone,

Glad to be here.. I've been reviewing posts for several hours and already like the Fouum.

Let me start by saying I'm retired Air Force after almost 23 years. Got the Handle because I was the Senior ranking dog handler, trainer and keeper otherwise known as a Kennel Master.

Enough about me but I have a nice short blurb about my Gibson Acoustic. My sister tells me she had an old guitar in the closet she didn't know what she do with. Without seeing it I told her I'd take it. At the time I was in the middle of relocating so I didn't pay much to it but eventually got the bug of wanting to learn. I took it to a guitar center to have new strings put on it and they estimated it as a 1949 model. Later another place said 1969. Anyway I don't know what I have except one nice sounding instrument. I also have a newer Epiphone Masterbuild with amp. Nice but I prefer the sound from the Gibson.

Thanks for reading and providing great content to read.

Sorry, I tried adding pics which were resized to be smaller but it kept saying file to large. Will try again.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=22946

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=22948

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=22946

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=22949

Welcome TopDawg glad to have you here , I'm sure you got a nice gibson (enjoy)

4H

Thank you. Just got the pics posted in the message above. Maybe you all can scour the links and give me an idea what it is. One clue I have is on the inside back wall it has a number stamped of 048 if that helps. Thanks for looking.

Welcome to the forums TopDawg. Also congrats on your military service years and retirement. I had a Uncle from Missouri that retired in the Air Force way back. He passed away last year. He was a crew chief and loved the Air Force, talked to me about it every time we met. That's a nice Gibson you have, sorry I can't help with info on it. There are some very knowledgeable folks here with old Gibsons that may be along to help. Can't say GC is the best help either. Many stores have new employees that don't know much. I bought a Gibson Gold Top there and they told me it was a 2010 model. Was in the used section but looked brand spanking New in mint condition and that was in 2013. So I bought it and called Gibson service and gave the serial and model numbers and it was in fact a 2007 standard. GC didn't even know that.

Welcome to the forums TopDawg. Also congrats on your military service years and retirement. I had a Uncle from Missouri that retired in the Air Force way back. He passed away last year. He was a crew chief and loved the Air Force, talked to me about it every time we met. That's a nice Gibson you have, sorry I can't help with info on it. There are some very knowledgeable folks here with old Gibsons that may be along to help. Can't say GC is the best help either. Many stores have new employees that don't know much. I bought a Gibson Gold Top there and they told me it was a 2010 model. Was in the used section but looked brand spanking New in mint condition and that was in 2013. So I bought it and called Gibson service and gave the serial and model numbers and it was in fact a 2007 standard. GC didn't even know that.

Thanks! I look forward to learning as much as possible. I figure no better resource than those who love what they do and their seems to be a lot of folks here that do.

Thanks for the welcome.

Archived