Gibson Guitar Board: Cool Sound Effex - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cool Sound Effex Cool Sound Effex

#1 User is offline   TheSundog 

• Group: Members

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

A feature I find that is very popular with crowds is sound effects. Somebody giving you a hard time in the crowd? A quick "F you AHole" from Arnoldt works well! You see a guy really getting "friendly" with a girl, point them out to the crowd and trigger some Star Trek, "Captain, we're being probed"! I have been using an Akai MX8 USB powered sample player (~ $100 + SDRAM). 8 keys to trigger a sample and, of course, you can select different "sets" of samples. I also have software running on my lighting computer called "Soundplant" that does a similar job to the MX8 (and I can trigger samples remotely with WIFI). Each key on your computer is assigned a sample and it works in the background so that in my case, I can go dim some lamps, reset a scene and still be immediately able to hit a key and Sam Kinnison comes belting out. VERY neat.

Do YOU use sound effects? HOW??

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

Just a few ones, but only in special events. In example: drum roll, thunder, applause, whoosh, ...etc. The best advice is not to abuse of FX effects or cool sound samples.

#3 User is offline   TheSundog 

• Group: Members

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 18 July 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

Just a few ones, but only in special events. In example: drum roll, thunder, applause, whoosh, ...etc. The best advice is not to abuse of FX effects or cool sound samples.

I agree completely. An "effect" is just that but if it's overused, it's drivel. I use mine sparingly for sure. Applause is good! Bring your own!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users