Gibson Brands Forums

Show Me Your Telecasters!

RevDavidLee

I must be getting dementia or something [confused] I was just looking at my group Tele photo and I thought "where is my 72 Thinline"? Doh! I ran into the studio a few minutes ago and there it was right where I left it behind a stack of Fender tweed amps [blush] Here she is - Number 8

20140109_1583276258389160_1008908202036474739_n.jpg?oh=7fffa699f500e8b5c203b93c7e294621&oe=5A0DEC27

Good Lord 8-[

a man w/so many telecasters, he's losing them!!

That's a first rev!

LOL!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YaY! It could vanish into some bar floor like all the rest of my Tele switch tips!

rct

Ah, you didn't click the link did you? See, that's the beauty of it - it has a set screw just like your other knobs.

a man w/so many telecasters, he's losing them!!

That's a first rev!

LOL!

That reminds me of when I pulled my third Flying V out of the closet and my wife said, "Where the heck did THAT one come from?" Answer: "1983."

It's not a Gibson, but was my first V and still plays great.

... I thought "where is my 72 Thinline"? Doh! I ran into the studio a few minutes ago and there it was right where I left it behind a stack of Fender tweed amps [blush]

A good problem to have! (Not dementia, mind you, but a lot of gear). [biggrin] We are just jealous.

I am quite certain there are players on here whose collections make mine look pale in comparison. And for those that do - I feel sorry for them. Lotta maintenance involved & a crap load of string changes [blink]

Brought the Roland JC-22 amp in from the studio - anybody else pick up one of these? Great livingroom amp with great cleans & clarity & doesn't shake stuff off the walls. Sounds wonderful with Teles too! [thumbup]

20229863_1583812461668873_5050621663925719466_o.jpg?oh=630b4ef3373d8f5a01896e49c7b3a8c7&oe=5A0FFCD2

The funny thing about the Telecaster, it's not flashy and it's never my go to guitar, although it should be. My Rosewood Tele is just a dream to play, with a perfectly sized satin neck. Maybe the solid one piece rosewood neck/fretboard has something to do with that. Plus I really dig the '62 Tele single coil pups. Especially the neck pickup, with a little treble rolled back, is smooth gravy. Middle position gets me a Santana like vibe,which is rare in a single coil.

Point being they are far more versatile than most would give them credit for. Leo got it right!

IMG_1255_zpsuulnl8v3.jpg

The funny thing about the Telecaster, it's not flashy and it's never my go to guitar, although it should be. My Rosewood Tele is just a dream to play, with a perfectly sized satin neck. Maybe the solid one piece rosewood neck/fretboard has something to do with that. Plus I really dig the '62 Tele single coil pups. Especially the neck pickup, with a little treble rolled back, is smooth gravy. Middle position gets me a Santana like vibe,which is rare in a single coil.

Point being they are far more versatile than most would give them credit for. Leo got it right!

IMG_1255_zpsuulnl8v3.jpg

ROSEWOOD! [drool] I love that [thumbup] Whoa! [wub]

I got one:

P5RVPMG.jpg

R7UDr9v.jpg

Just a little MIM basic model. Got an email coupon from Guitar Center several years ago $100 off it you spend $300. Tele was marked at $400, but when they rung it up found it was mis-marked, only $300 price so with coupon picked it up for $200.

Have to admit I don't play it much, but if I want that Tele twang - this has it. [thumbup]

• 5 weeks later...

Archived