Gibson Brands Forums

Kemper & Atomic Amplifire vs. 20 Year-Old Line 6 Pod

Rabs

Pretty much agree with Pup here - none of them sound very good to me.

But more than that I could not hear much difference between the three. Maybe that means the captain was good at programming them to the amp they were trying to simulate. But I wouldn't spend 1400 on the Kemper when the other two were 500 or 50 used when they all sounded pretty much the same.

Pretty much agree with Pup here - none of them sound very good to me.

But more than that I could not hear much difference between the three. Maybe that means the captain was good at programming them to the amp they were trying to simulate.

He was constantly tweaking them to get them to sound the same whenever one had more gain, etc - which was I think the point of the video. I admit I used my computer speakers and not my good headphones. Furthermore we all know an amp can sound and feel way different when you are in the room with it. But I still heard nothing but sterile, faux guitar amp sounds.

I think you are hearing "YouTube audio".

The Kemper is a superb piece of equipment. I would have one like a shot if I could afford one.

I agree about the audio. I haven't heard Kemper, but I know those two couldn't tell it from the real thing & they are very experienced.

Archived