Gibson Brands Forums

Oasis Guitar Sleeve

drathbun

I've just solved a problem with playing a nitro guitar in humid weather with short sleeve shirts. I hate the sticky haze I get on my nitro guitars and I didn't want to add a John Pearse armrest or anything like that. So I found this Oasis Guitar Sleeve. It is lightweight and has a small pad where your guitar comes into contact with your forearm. Only $15.95!

IMG3736.jpg

IMG3747.jpg

IMG3740.jpg

Glad you found a solution! Me? I like a bunch of arm goop on mine.......and enjoy not having to "suit up" to play it! I do clean the singing spray off the side of the upper bout now and then (looks like it could be a health hazard!) but otherwise it's down & dirty for me. Never have liked the shiny, sparkly look of a new (or well kept) acoustic guitar........let 'em wear their war wounds like a crown.

jsT7PRu.jpg

been cutting the top off old black tube socks for years- i use em year round

Who the heck has black tube socks? You must be a sharp dresser! I don't find anything wrong with the Pearse although I have never used one consistently. On easy, off easy, no arm damping or haze on the guitar. What is not to like?

Glad you found a solution! Me? I like a bunch of arm goop on mine.......and enjoy not having to "suit up" to play it! I do clean the singing spray off the side of the upper bout now and then (looks like it could be a health hazard!) but otherwise it's down & dirty for me. Never have liked the shiny, sparkly look of a new (or well kept) acoustic guitar........let 'em wear their war wounds like a crown.

jsT7PRu.jpg

I tend to live in the same dimension on that one. Sleeves and such are a really great idea, but not for me.

Who the heck has black tube socks? You must be a sharp dresser! I don't find anything wrong with the Pearse although I have never used one consistently. On easy, off easy, no arm damping or haze on the guitar. What is not to like?

went with black after a failed search for the right argyle to go with the sunburst

thanks for asking

A sleeve is not for me. Guitars were meant to be played and cleaned up after the gig. Not kept clean during the gig. That's why frequent wipe polishes exist. For after the gig when at home (after the gig) to get the guitar ready for the next gig. I have a gig tomorrow, then the next day, and then again in two more days. Will be following the "after the gig wipe routine to prep for the upcoming one." No sleeve thang for me. Waylon, Dylan, Wes Montgomery, Paul McCartney, Lennon, George, John Stewart/Dave Guard, Tommy Emmanuel, Guy Clark, Jerry Jeff, Hank Sr or Jr, or Chet Atkins never wore a sleeve, either).

Just my experience and perspective. Respect yours, though if it differs.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

A sleeve is not for me. Guitars were meant to be played and cleaned up after the gig. Not kept clean during the gig. That's why frequent wipe polishes exist. For after the gig when at home (after the gig) to get the guitar ready for the next gig. I have a gig tomorrow, then the next day, and then again in two more days. Will be following the "after the gig wipe routine to prep for the upcoming one." No sleeve thang for me. Waylon, Dylan, Wes Montgomery, Paul McCartney, Lennon, George, John Stewart/Dave Guard, Tommy Emmanuel, Guy Clark, Jerry Jeff, Hank Sr or Jr, or Chet Atkins never wore a sleeve, either).

Just my experience and perspective. Respect yours, though if it differs.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

eventually the finish will be effected by the oils in the arm where it rests. But Jeff, if you don't care, great, it's your guitar. you don't have to care one bit. not a problem..

my thoughts are, after dropping 4+k on a J200, I don't mind adding the precaution of avoiding the haze my skin will leave. It's very hard to get off, and after while, you're doing more harm than good trying to clean it off. My guitar, I'll maintain it the way I choose, no one needs to worry about it but me.

I have two of these, I've mentioned them in this forum several times. In the summer, I use them. long sleeve shirt, no need. And I don't need it for my Taylor GS, it's NOT nitro. Much easier to maintain.

just my 2 cents, not trying to sound argumentative.

Sleeves for playing aren't rock n roll at all are they

I see pros using them from time to time. Although I'm not sure why, do those guys actually BUY/Pay for any of their gear?

beside, rock and roll is 80% in the heart, 20% in the head.

Cloudy Arm Haze?

I've looked at cloudy arm haze from both sides now, from up and down and still somehow

... it's just another show, you leave 'em laughin' when you go

and if you care, don't let them know.

I don't know if I care.

I'd certainly agree that a performer with a relic'd guitar and a costume of torn jeans and a western shirt with pearl snap buttons would look silly with a 'Guitar Bra" or one of these sleeves.

On the other hand, or arm, when practicing - I would think it would make sense if it were hot & humid to protect the finish of a Gibson.

I am with Question Mark.

Although.... wearing one might make me look like Lebron James.

Sal...

I've seen your videos, I don't think the sleeve gets you even close. LOL!

as we look at this from every possible angle,, it's all about how we as owners of these fine instruments, preserve (or not) the condition.

I never really cared much till I put way more money than I ever thought I would, into a guitar. That said, I still play it, it goes out of the house regularly and scuffs and wear marks are inevitable. Right now tho, it's pristine, and if my efforts to keep it that way play odd in someone's book, I honestly do not GAF..

Sal...

I've seen your videos, I don't think the sleeve gets you even close. LOL!

as we look at this from every possible angle,, it's all about how we as owners of these fine instruments, preserve (or not) the condition.

I never really cared much till I put way more money than I ever thought I would, into a guitar. That said, I still play it, it goes out of the house regularly and scuffs and wear marks are inevitable. Right now tho, it's pristine, and if my efforts to keep it that way play odd in someone's book, I honestly do not GAF..

1) Hey I resent that! :)

2) all good. to each their own of course...

Some of us deal with heat and humidity by sweating like piggies. That's the truth, for good or for ill. If that is reflected in the finish of our guitars, it only serves to make them more personal and reflective of our relationship with them. So buy one for the vault and one to play if your goal is ownership of a pristine guitar. ☺

Archived