Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

surfpup

So a few months ago I ordered a Roland Space Echo (RE-20) pedal for my "psych rock" setup. I wanted the spacey reverb drenched echoes that the old RE-210 Space Echo units had. Gotta say it was a disappointment. It crushed those sounds - instant Radiohead - but it had a very sterile digital artifact when engaged that I just could not get past. I tried. I gave it a few months... and I bailed.

As a replacement, I ordered this Catalinbread Belle Epoch this week. It sets out to emulate the old tape Maestro Echoplex units. I listened to a bunch of demos and was pretty impressed. Got it today, and I must say so far it crushes it! Sounds very warm. Most of the classic Echoplex sounds are easily dialed in. Instant Jimmy Page and Alex Lifeson repeats circa The Song Remains the Same film or Rush's All the World's a Stage album. Great stuff.

jzSyZkwl.jpg

I also ordered a Moog expression pedal for the Keeley Monterey pedal I bought a few months back. It's the middle pedal on the floor in this shot. It controls the sweep of the Leslie, Uni-vibe, and wah sounds. Very handy.

Interestingly the model number of the expression pedal is EP-3... same as the old Echoplex the Belle Epoch sets out to emulate. So it's an EP-3 day at my house! Ima go back to gettin' my freak on with this rig now...

j3Vx7FWl.jpg

Nice. I always loved the sound of the echoplex being sped up or slowed by moving the tape head....e.g. Tommy Bolin, or Steve Miller "Jackson-Kent Blues".

And I like George L's too.

Did you make the Klone?

Nice. I always loved the sound of the echoplex being sped up or slowed by moving the tape head....e.g. Tommy Bolin, or Steve Miller "Jackson-Kent Blues".

And I like George L's too.

Did you make the Klone?

Sorry if I've offended someone....?

Not sure why I've been minused.

[confused] [confused] [confused]

Me neither... I plussed you back up to snuff.

I did make the Klone. I used the parts in a General Guitar Gadgets kit. It's got a lotta parts!

Archived