Gibson Brands Forums

Can we guess your highest education level?

MichaelT

http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz/16503/

There's a lot of questions but it's kind of an interesting test.

I got:

Your Score: 95% 

PhD

Congratulations - you got your doctorate! It's clear that you've put in some solid years in grad school.

Funny thing is, I don't have my PhD, nor Master's. I got my Associate's Degree in Computer Information Systems 20 years ago. I just happen to know the answers to a lot of random questions. Not quite Cliff Clavin but I aspire to such lofty goals.

1500662810[/url]' post='1870085']

Well. Anyone here who's been reading my stupid posts for almost the last 10 years, has probably already guessed that I'm an uneducated ignoramus. :o

You make me laugh Jay! msp_flapper.gif Well as far as that goes, me too. I never play those stupid games on Facebook. As far as how far did I go? I had a scholarship in Art for a college in Illinois which I didn't attend. I went to Iowa Western instead and took Auto Mechanics to learn how I would get into drag racing which I did and then took a course of welding as that was needed to weld the tube frames, cages and stuff and retired with 34 years in the Railroad industry.

I had 9/10 but it kept rebooting (damned IPad) so I got sick of it and gave up.

Same thing happened to me. Pretty disappointed. I was looking forward to being congratulated for a PhD that I never earned. [biggrin]

Too bad you can't get a PhD by taking a multiple choice test. I found most of those questions to be decidedly highschool-ish. And too many questions were about Shakespeare or the bible. What if your PhD is in mathematics?

Too bad you can't get a PhD by taking a multiple choice test. I found most of those questions to be decidedly highschool-ish. And too many questions were about Shakespeare or the bible. What if your PhD is in mathematics?

my score was 75% it says i have a phd. i never actually attended high school. i dropped out in the 9th grade, went back at night and got a ged, and the remaining 3 credits to get a graduation certificate. i didn't even finish trade school. i think you're right about that test

This one is fun for foodies... it starts really easy but gets much harder in the end...

That was rather fun!

I found a lot of the early (USA-centric) ones much harder than the later (rest-of-world) ones.

89% is OK, I suppose, although there were a few guesses...

Pip.

That was rather fun!

I found a lot of the early (USA-centric) ones much harder than the later (rest-of-world) ones.

89% is OK, I suppose, although there were a few guesses...

Pip.

Opposite for me - though you''d be pleased to know I got blood pudding, haggis, and beef wellington right. [biggrin] I missed some of the more obscure (to me) Asian dishes. I think I was still above 85% though.

You make me laugh Jay! msp_flapper.gif Well as far as that goes, me too. I never play those stupid games on Facebook. As far as how far did I go? I had a scholarship in Art for a college in Illinois which I didn't attend. I went to Iowa Western instead and took Auto Mechanics to learn how I would get into drag racing which I did and then took a course of welding as that was needed to weld the tube frames, cages and stuff and retired with 34 years in the Railroad industry.

Hey cool story,,Id like a job in motorsports also,,would be fun.

I got 81, acing such brain-benders as "What's a pronoun" and "How many is IX?"

My favorite was "what is the meaning of binary?". One of the choices was "pertaining to bins and containers"!!! Ha ha. I wonder if anyone has ever chosen that answer?

http://offbeat.topix.com/quiz/16503/

Not quite Cliff Clavin but I aspire to such lofty goals.

Some Clavinisms.

Relative to the test, "It's a little known fact that smartest animal is a pig. Scientists say if pigs had thumbs and a language, they could be trained to do simple manual labor. They give you 20-30 years of loyal service and then at their retirement dinner you can eat them."

Relative to guitars, "I wonder if you know that the harp is a predecessor of the modern day guitar. Early minstrels were much larger people. In fact, they had hands the size of small dogs."

Archived