Gibson Brands Forums

Ebony bridge pins eh?

ponty

I bought some ebony bridge pins from a company begining with M.This is what I was expecting.......

8603-210162172017.jpg

This is what I got. Not one black one to be seen. One full brown pin, and a strap button 50/50. Is black ebony that difficult to get hold of?Guess so.

8603-110162172017.jpg

How do they sound?

Certainly not as represented in the box. However, no one will ever wonder if they're plastic, or the real deal. Love the 50/50 strap button; the person who made it probably thought they were doing something nice.

Finally, after all of these years of seeing your location in your avatar; do you mean you "formerly" lived in W. Yorks, or your main digs are in the U.K. (formally), but you just have a Bermuda state of mind?

Are they actually plastic, but just ebony or black in color? Or, actually ebony wood that are multicolored? I can't tell from the photo.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Yers they are actually wood.

How do they sound?

Certainly not as represented in the box. However, no one will ever wonder if they're plastic, or the real deal. Love the 50/50 strap button; the person who made it probably thought they were doing something nice.

Finally, after all of these years of seeing your location in your avatar; do you mean you "formerly" lived in W. Yorks, or your main digs are in the U.K. (formally), but you just have a Bermuda state of mind?

My wife is an English teacher..good job she didnt see that.Changed immediately! Anyhow, I put the pins on and they look OK..As for the sound, - no difference!

probably a sign of the times when it comes to wood and the harvesting use vs. waste.

the brownish ebony used to be discarded, other than visual, there's nothing wrong with it.

The Bob Taylor video mentioned would be a good source for background data.

Archived