Gibson Brands Forums

Grand kids can sure make you proud

brc

I am sure many of you have grand kids and I myself have four.

My oldest applied and accepted to quite a few colleges through out the country, and had the letters of recommendation to attend West Point.

My daughter , son in law, and three grand kids now live in Georgia, but today drove down and registered at Alabama , ( Crimson Tide )

Seems just like yesterday, they were sleeping over at my house and I was making them tents in front of the TV, and feeding them junk food, popcorn and playing with silly string .

Man, time really flies once you pass 65

I am sure many of you have grand kids and I myself have four.

My oldest applied and accepted to quite a few colleges through out the country, and had the letters of recommendation to attend West Point.

My daughter , son in law, and three grand kids now live in Georgia, but today drove down and registered at Alabama , ( Crimson Tide )

Seems just like yesterday, they were sleeping over at my house and I was making them tents in front of the TV, and feeding them junk food, popcorn and playing with silly string .

Man, time really flies once you pass 65

Sounds good. Congratulations. My oldest(Grand kid) is going into his Senior year at Florida International Hard to believe.

Thanks Kelly,

It's amazing how time really does fly.

I bet you your self are very proud of your grandson.

I live in Florida now, and have heard Florida has a damn good school.

Congradulations to you also.

If you think it's fast at 65, you should see how it goes past 70!!

Congrats of good family stuff mate.

We have 9 grandkids and next month are about to have our first great grandchild!!

We have 9 grandkids and next month are about to have our first great grandchild!!

Woooooosh!!! [scared] No kiddng, Digger!

I have 7 grands and one great granddaughter brc, and I've come to the realization that grand kids grow up much faster than kids ever seemed to.

I still have a 1 1/2 years before I reach the " golden" age of 70

Hell, I am still a young wipper snapper !

Remember when you both were in your teens, and could not wait to grow into manhood ?

Seems like an eternity ago.

1500846934[/url]' post='1870601']

Woooooosh!!! [scared] No kiddng, Digger!

I have 7 grands and one great granddaughter brc, and I've come to the realization that grand kids grow up much faster than kids ever seemed to.

That has to be the answer! Seemed like an eternity growing up to be a man, then another eternity and then some to be retired. And it's the grandkids fault for growing up way too fast that make a month seem like a day. We have 2 grandkids. One is 21/2 years old and his sister will be 6 months old the 31st of this month.

man, that's awesome! good for you! and them too!

i have 2 grandkids, and one will be "induced" tomorrow or the next day, afaik. grandkids are the best, for several reasons i suppose most of us already know about. since moving back to delaware i have been able to spend alot more time with mine, and i have to say, it's my new favorite thing. ain't nothing i ever knew could make me feel so good as a hug i get from my grandson or granddaughter.

Just wanted to add about babysitting Grayson last Sat. Night. Like I said he's 2 1/2 and as soon as we got there with mom and dad still there he's saying, "Come On Grandpa, lets go in the basement and play basketball." He grabs my hand and walks down the steps and he shoots till he gets a basket then it's the race car track. Then he wants to play the guitar. I taught him two songs but he doesn't have the words all down yet. Of course he can't play but gets a kick out of playing the strings with a guitar pick. So I take his dads cheapest guitar down which is a $100.00 Vendetta and Grayson starts strumming those strings and hopping and dancing singing real loud "Help me Rhonda, Help Help me Rhonda, Help me Rhonda, Help Help me Rhonda, Help me Rhonda Yeh' Get Her Out of my Heart!" Then he does Ba Ba Bar Ann. He's a little better at that one. Just too darn cute. Later his dad said I wondered where he got, "Went to a Dance, Looking For Romance, Saw Bar Bar Ann So I Thought I'd Take a Chance, Bar Bar Ann Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Bar Ann....Grandpa is bringing this kid up right! Lol

good luck to your grand child in their college endeavors.

Like the rest posted in this thread, I have four myself, the oldest is 17, the youngest just turned one year in June. They do brighten the days, and we are blessed that they are close by us and we with my Daughters 3, as a single mom, needing help, we are quite involved with them. There really is nothing better than this bond.

Archived