Gibson Brands Forums

Old Dove with TOM Bridge

PTL

Hi all,

This is my 2nd post after my introduction :-)

I'm look at an Old Dove (buyer did not provide much info) with the TOM bridge.

Claimed that he's selling it for a friend & asking for abt USD 1K

I did googled to try to get more info n i notice that :-

1) this bridge is extra tall that those images I'd seen (Top edge near soundhole to the pointy tip after bridge pin.

2) there is a recess on both left n right wings where the 2 mirrored MOP were inlaid

3) the usual 2 MOP dots were missing in this one

4) any idea did Gibson produce such 'TALL' bridge? if yes, what year or era is it from?

I'm a noob with old Gibson acoustic, any input will be much appreciated.

Thank You :-)

post-86428-048472900 1500868530_thumb.jpg

post-86428-052886700 1500868532_thumb.jpg

Interesting bridge - I have a couple notions about it, but want to verify w/someone who worked at Gibson while the TOM was current before saying anything. It would be helpful to have more data: photos of headstock back/front,a clear image of the interior label, fingerboard width at the nut, and maybe a photo of the guitar's back. A serial number would help as well (what and where found on guitar, as well as any additional markings). Meanwhile, will see what I can find and get back w/you when I can....

Just now, I'm thinking fake - just so you know.

Interesting bridge - I have a couple notions about it, but want to verify w/someone who worked at Gibson while the TOM was current before saying anything. It would be helpful to have more data: photos of headstock back/front,a clear image of the interior label, fingerboard width at the nut, and maybe a photo of the guitar's back. A serial number would help as well (what and where found on guitar, as well as any additional markings). Meanwhile, will see what I can find and get back w/you when I can....

Just now, I'm thinking fake - just so you know.

Thank You Sir, I'll be testing it tonight. Only 1 pic were shown at my country's carousell site. Will furnish more pic tmr :-)

Archived