Gibson Brands Forums

LP Studio T 2016 from Texas

Avalos

Welcome Joel. Enjoy the forum! I only have one Gison too, but enjoy this place.

What's it like living in Texas? - from down here in Oz, Texas seems like one of those mysterious but intriguing sounding places.

Right now it's Hot here in Texas. Currently hitting 100 degrees Fahrenheit/ 37.7 Celsius. But we do have some interesting customs and traditions from many different cultures. I love Texas but I also enjoy traveling and learning from all other parts of the world. All I need is the money to travel.

Oh and yes, there are parts where you can still see a horse tied out front. Sometimes trotting along side the roads. On that same road you could also find someone in a Ferrari. Mostly pickups and trucks all over. One of very few places in the US where the soda is sold in 3liters. Lots of things are bigger in Texas so they say.

Cool!

Closest we have is the state of Queensland (aka 'the deep North').

Just substitute:

Crocodile for horse,

Toyota Landcruiser for pickup,

Toyota Landcruiser for Ferrari,

XXXX Bitter for soda.

[laugh] and a great place it is too!

Welcome to the forum Joel.msp_thumbup.gif I used to work with a friend named Joel. He's much younger and still working. Our son was stationed in Corpus Christi for awhile, I loved that area. By the way, congratulations on your Gibson. I only have one also unless you count the other LP which is a Epiphone Standard.

Cool!

Closest we have is the state of Queensland (aka 'the deep North').

Just substitute:

Crocodile for horse,

Toyota Landcruiser for pickup,

Toyota Landcruiser for Ferrari,

XXXX Bitter for soda.

[laugh] and a great place it is too!

I have always been fascinated with Australia. Very interesting country with an even more interesting history. I had the pleasure of spending a week in Sydney in 2008 on business. I have always wanted to return someday and visit Melbourne and especially Queensland for a variety of reasons. Best case scenario would be for me to have 3-4 weeks where I could take the time to see ALL of Australia.

Archived