Gibson Brands Forums

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

BluesKing777

I recorded 7 or 8 tracks with the Lowden O22 and I thought this came up well.

So my solo version of what I found out from Wiki is a 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein show tune from Carousel, I always thought it was written by Gerry of Pacemakers fame, but no.

Recorded with just the Neumann KM184 in front of me - run to A & H mixer and iMac:

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/walk7

BluesKing777.

KSczreE.jpg

FE8WPbY.jpg

I recorded 7 or 8 tracks with the Lowden O22 and I thought this came up well.

So my solo version of what I found out from Wiki is a 1945 Rodgers and Hammerstein show tune from Carousel, I always thought it was written by Gerry of Pacemakers fame, but no.

Recorded with just the Neumann KM184 in front of me - run to A & H mixer and iMac:

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/walk7

BluesKing777.

The Carousel movie came out in 1956 and the first pop version of You'll Never Walk Alone was recorded in 1958 by Conway Twitty on his debut album. It was this version that Gerry & the Pacemakers based their 1963 recording on.

Sounded Great as usual BK. That Lowden is really sweet. Thanks

Thanks KC!

I need to get it setup still but then it would have to.....gasp......leave me......what will I do?

For any interested in buying a similar guitar, I love this neck but love Mod V necks, so if you like skinnier necks this guitar is probably NOT for you. Just a quick warning to seduced by the looks.

BluesKing777.

Thanks Ray!

I can't play another note on it, new guitar has worn me out and I have blisters on my calluses and need a nap. [mellow]

BluesKing777.

The pain endured, only a tell tale sign of a long lasting love affair..

Thanks!

I did the tune to play something slow to extract some tone without DADGAD'ing. I have read that the cedar tops don't need to 'break in' as much as other wood, thinking now they are right as it doesn't sound 'new'. Off to the music room to do some more!

And it is great for rags!

BluesKing777.

Archived