Gibson Brands Forums

3 Strikes Your Out, Gibson Blows You Away PRS

NighthawkChris

RabsWood blows them all out the water.. Nothing but solid wood here :P

:unsure:

SvywnAX.jpg

tnuLVVP.jpg

Very nice. I especially like the control layout... well better than the Classic Les Paul controls. More like an SG.

Very nice. I especially like the control layout... well better than the Classic Les Paul controls. More like an SG.

Cheers.. I am fairly proud of them...

I really like that lay out, I feel the selector switch is more reachable down with the rest of the controls.. Then I have a thicker area where the headstock/neck meet. Less of an angle on the headstock (obviously compared to Gibson). Good upper fret access, a graphite nut and Schaller tuners...

If im honest and I have to be since everyone on here knows anyway a fair few of my guitars are based on this.. Which is because its the most fun and playable guitar I own but still trying to have my own slight twist on them and trying to make them as playable and sturdy as I can.

YhxQzOF.jpg

Indeedy do.... [thumbup]

Cheers.. :)

Well you are one of the special few who are worthy and have had first hand experience with those beasts ;)

(sorry I didn't mean to turn this into a RabsWood thread, I was just playing along with the joke)

Carry on :)

WAIT........I called a guy at Rabswood and he said mine was made with special sonic weighted wood and the binding only covered HALF the seam and......................oh nevermind........lmao

NHTom

WAIT........I called a guy at Rabswood and he said mine was made with special sonic weighted wood and the binding only covered HALF the seam and......................oh nevermind........lmao

NHTom

Right... I demand a name, who did you speak to.. They are getting fired...

Ohh wait..... never mind

:P

Right... I demand a name, who did you speak to.. They are getting fired...

Ohh wait..... never mind

:P

I'd respond to this, but then I'd have to forget my password, create a few new usernames and ship a couple dozen guitars back and I just don't have that kind of time right now!

NHTom

1501268894[/url]' post='1871772']

I'm sorry... I couldn't resist :-)

Here we go again !

Actually your right, Gibson does blow PRS away.......with the most amount of aesthetically defective and poor craftsmanship guitars to leave and be returned to their factory....LOL.

Hopefully they'll get better but I doubt it.

You guy's just can't let it go, so maybe I should lower myself into playing the protagonist and go on a Gibson bash fest, but I won't, because truth be told I like Gibson and we all should want all the guitar companies to put out their very best, especially if they want thousands of dollars from us players.

So maybe, just maybe the occasional rant from us will keep them on their toes and the QC dept. will do a double take on everything before it leaves the factory...we can only hope.

Guest Farnsbarns

Here we go again !

Actually your right, Gibson does blow PRS away.......with the most amount of aesthetically defective and poor craftsmanship guitars to leave and be returned to their factory....LOL.

You guy's just can't let it go, so maybe I should lower myself into playing the protagonist and go on a Gibson bash fest, but I won't, because truth be told I like Gibson and we all should want all the guitar companies to put out their very best, especially if they want thousands of dollars from us players.

So maybe, just maybe the occasional rant from us will keep them on their toes and the QC dept. will do a double take on everything before it leaves the factory...we can only hope.

You ignoramus. His right what? did you mean ”you're”?

What's a "poor craftsmanship guitar"?

”You guy's can't leave it", that makes no sense. What belongs to the guy? I guess the apostrophe means something? Also, what's with the comma before "so"? Or the one before "because"?

Idiot can't even express himself effectively. Moron.

Bugger off macmoron.

Sometimes I wish the internet was never invented. A couple days ago my daughter bought a used couch for $100. She bought it to replace a futon, which she was willing to just let the trash man take. I suggested we sell it on facebook for a small price, $25, just to get a little something out of it. There were no fewer than 15 people fighting over who would get it. It got a little ugly. I finally just marked it sold and dealt with the one person who seemed sane, had $25, and had a vehicle to come get it. Then afterwards I got my butt chewed by a couple of them for not saving it because they planned to come get it "sometime". A small thing, granted, but the people would never act like that in person. The keyboard brings out the worst in all of us.

At the other end of the "importance in life" spectrum, yesterday afternoon a local motorcyclist was killed when a bus ran him over. It's not clear who was stopped, who was moving, who cut who off...those details will come out soon enough. The facebook news story spawned dozens (maybe hundreds by now) of comments arguing about the television station's facebook post and how it was so grammatically incorrect....someone DIED and they're arguing grammar. (Not a dig at you, Farnsbarns, just coincidence).

The "treehouse and banjo" fantasy is looking better every day.

And now that I've commented, I anticipate radio silence for a while, as my posts usually have that effect for some reason.

Here we go again !

I had posted a much longer post but chose not to participate in such silliness again. Welcome back, person who said he was leaving and wasn't coming back.

Archived