Gibson Brands Forums

490R & T in a semi hollow body

BanditPanda

I have removed the above mentioned pups from my 2014 LP Studio and replaced them with a set of SD Antiquities which I had in my customized Ibanez AS73 which is a semi hollow body ES335 clone, basically speaking.

How do you think the 490's would fare in a semi hollow body guitar?

BP

Hello and welcome here, mate! [thumbup]

This is perhaps the weirdest forum I have ever seen. Virtually nobody replies to anybody ! lmao

[biggrin] It's just that nobody cares for Gibson gear [scared] ... errrm, for the Gibson Gear subforum I mean! ;)

Two stock 490Rs here, but I met 490Ts in demo guitars at dealers only. I remember them as being close to the 490R with just different pole spacing. Personally I like the 490R very well and would possibly like the 490T over the 498T of which I have three stock in guitars I just leave there.

Perhaps t also would depend on with what pickups the guitar in question, the Ibanez AS73, is equipped at the moment. If there were none or some not to my like, I'd give the Gibson 490s a try in a heartbeat. Could be a nice match!

Hello and welcome here, mate! [thumbup]

[biggrin] It's just that nobody cares for Gibson gear [scared] ... errrm, for the Gibson Gear subforum I mean! ;)

Two stock 490Rs here, but I met 490Ts in demo guitars at dealers only. I remember them as being close to the 490R with just different pole spacing. Personally I like the 490R very well and would possibly like the 490T over the 498T of which I have three stock in guitars I just leave there.

Perhaps t also would depend on with what pickups the guitar in question, the Ibanez AS73, is equipped at the moment. If there were none or some not to my like, I'd give the Gibson 490s a try in a heartbeat. Could be a nice match!

Thanks for the reply. I decided to buy a set of Pearly Gates for the LP and put the Antiquities back in the semi hollow body.

Archived