Gibson Brands Forums

Model Number Help

Bujin1

I have a 2013 Les Paul Trad Pro and am trying to figure out where it was created and what is the model number telling me. Can anyone offer some help?

Serial Nubmer = 108530322 - build March 26, 2013 the first batch of the day (what I think I know today)

Model Number = LPTP26AWGH1 - LP=Les Paul; TP2 = Trad Pro 2 6=???; AW=alpine white; with GH=gold hardware; 1=??? (don't know what the 6 or the 1 or L is telling me as part of the model)

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Farnsbarns

I have a 2013 Les Paul Trad Pro and am trying to figure out where it was created and what is the model number telling me. Can anyone offer some help?

Serial Nubmer = 108530322 - build March 26, 2013 the first batch of the day (what I think I know today)

Model Number = LPTP26AWGH1 - LP=Les Paul; TP2 = Trad Pro 2 6=???; AW=alpine white; with GH=gold hardware; 1=??? (don't know what the 6 or the 1 or L is telling me as part of the model)

Any help would be appreciated.

The 1 means not a 2nd. Could the 6 be a 60s neck?

The 1 means not a 2nd. Could the 6 be a 60s neck?

That makes sense, I remember talking to the sales guy and he did say it was a 66 reissue, so the 60s neck is likely right on target. Thanks so much for the comment.

bryan

Guest Farnsbarns

That makes sense, I remember talking to the sales guy and he did say it was a 66 reissue, so the 60s neck is likely right on target. Thanks so much for the comment.

bryan

66 reissue? Nope. Definitely not. No such thing. Gibson didn't make a Les Paul in 66. It's a Les Paul traditional. No reissue about it.

Guest Farnsbarns

Those Trad Pros are special guitars made for specific chains such as Guitar Center. Reach out to Gibson Customer Service and they can help you decode the serial number.

Easy. YDDDYRRRR

85th day = 26 March

322nd guitar of the day

Easy. YDDDYRRRR

85th day = 26 March

322nd guitar of the day

My bad, decode the model number. I need to not post when I am dead tired, my reading comprehension was majorly lacking. Thanks for posting that Farnsbarns, that is very useful for the serial number.

Archived