Gibson Brands Forums

Kwalker is a star

blindboygrunt

That was simply beautiful, but then again it's just like everything else Kieth does..

Awesome stuff,, I think I'd kill for a voice like that.. well maybe not kill,, but.. a kick in the shin??

We'd all like a voice like that

It's good to hear a bit of country without all the production they add these days.

He's kinda doing to country songs what BK does to blues songs

There's people making money at it without half the talent

Stu, you really need to change the heading of this. You folks are way to kind. Anne, Stu, Sal, Buc and others, I cant even compete with your awesome abilities. For about the last 3 weeks or so I have had no desire to even open the case and play the dang thing. Does this happen to most of you? Why?

Stu, you really need to change the heading of this. You folks are way to kind. Anne, Stu, Sal, Buc and others, I cant even compete with your awesome abilities. For about the last 3 weeks or so I have had no desire to even open the case and play the dang thing. Does this happen to most of you? Why?

Sometimes this happens to me, but one good thing about gigging is that it forces you back on the horse! Keith, I would love for you to book yourself a regular gig somewhere to keep you in it. You have a lot to contribute. 🤘

Compete with our abilities?

No man. You are a different level.

Regarding not playing... I hit these spots as I am sure we all do. Walk away. do something else. Go riding. Come back. I hit spots where I feel like I am playing the same chords and style over and over again. I walk away. I try to listen to a different genre of music. Try to play that different genre. I try different tunings .It doesnt always work.

Sure, I think everyone feels that way from time to time. We are human beings before we are guitarists. We can all be self-effacing but that song was really good. I haven't been here all that long but if you're going to state that you didn't think it was good and that you haven't played for a few weeks than I'd think you were feeling pretty down because when you're down the brain has trouble thinking rationally. So, are you okay or should I just suggest you buy another guitar?

So, are you okay or should I just suggest you buy another guitar?

[/quote

LOL, I couldn't be better. Why do I need another guitar? The one I have is spectacular. Its a Gibson J45, what else would one need?

Why have I not been inclined to play lately, who knows.

Kelly, Ive been at the same job for 26 years, its as far away from music than you can imagine. I will let you brain wonder with that for a while.

For about the last 3 weeks or so I have had no desire to even open the case and play the dang thing. Does this happen to most of you? Why?

not for a long time now.

I guess it all depends on how one unwinds, and what sort of music we're drawn to. I have a lot of different interests in music to keep me busy and inspire me. Piano kind of draws me in if I am not "Feelin" it for gutiar, but that does rarely happen. usually good for at least an hour a day.

either way, seems the time off, doesn't quell your abilities.. I really enjoy listening to your work and appreciate your contributions Keith.

If I could sing just ONE song half that well, I'd never do any other! Wow.

I think I'll just sit here and drink !

I would think Everyone hits dead spots now and then. I guess it's just like writers block or getting burned out. Your battery will recharge. There use to be a fad called 'biorhythms' which purportedly explained the complexities of peoples moods. And of course, the commercial application was 'mood rings' ! The upside is - although you could be a professional - you have the luxury to play when you feel like it, not when you have to !

I have played tennis since my early teens, going on more than thirtyfive years now. Sometimes I have lost interest and stayed away from the court for a month or two, then slowly but surely the urge to play comes back. Fortunately, when it comes to sports involving a ball, I very quickly pick up where I left off (I wish music was like that for me, but it is not. I have to fight just to find the strings some days) I bet it is the same for you, Keith, with siging and playing. Take some time off. Invest your time in other interest. It is always good to have many spokes in the wheel of life. You are such a natural, so once you feel like playing again it will be easy for you to pick it up again.

Lars

By the way, what a great song!!!

Archived