Gibson Brands Forums

If you had to pick just one...the "Desert Island Guitar" thread.

Jinder

Id take the Maton,

Bingo ! U read my mind, , , or I read yours. Was just about posting. .

Reminds me of the term 'wet' when talking guitars.

Burst used it the other day about his rosewood Bird. I have used it as that certain splash coming from fx ceramic saddles

and in another context another member associated wet with dead (not dry and vibrant).

Guess the Maton-shipper knows the answer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess after he put the pinup girl on the guitar, the model got blurry on me.

I can relate. Don't even know anymore which guitar I put this decal on...

Lars

Telecaster_zpswxf6s7lr.jpg

Edit: well never mind. I realize I need to get a new image hosting site. Sucks...image can be seen by clicking the error picture, though.

Even though we arguably own some of the best sound guitars ever built, I would have to choose our CA Legacy. It could take the heat and dry of the desert island, the rain and wind of hurricanes, AND it could be used as weapon against pirate attacks and as a boat paddle as well -- you know, in case you found a way to build a boat. Seems like the only obvious choice.

msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif.

Even though we arguably own some of the best sound guitars ever built, I would have to choose our CA Legacy. It could take the heat and dry of the desert island, the rain and wind of hurricanes, AND it could be used as weapon against pirate attacks and as a boat paddle as well -- you know, in case you found a way to build a boat. Seems like the only obvious choice.

msp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gifmsp_thumbup.gif.

That's the really hardcore definition of a 'beater' guitar😅

My maple j100xtra...love my j-45, but nothing sounds quite like the jumbo when it's capo'ed up to the 4th-6th frets. And I'll always bring a capo along on a three-hour tour (a three-hour tour...🛥🎶)...

, , , and suddenly on a Friday I meet a guy in a small palm-grove and he'll be called Friday, , , and it turns out he can play drums, sing and dance.

I'll hand him the Mart. then teach him a few chords and Friday will teach me to dance zancagoo.

We'll sing harmony, which he already knows, and after some sessions I'll hand him the Bird.

Really look forward to hear what he thinks after this M/G-A/B.

Archived