Gibson Brands Forums

A Small Profit.....

BluesKing777

A guitar on a list site, I can't name names can I?, but a guitar I emailed the seller about and he sent me photos and had a chat, sold to someone else for approx the list price of $3500. I didn't want it.

I saw it yesterday for sale again at $6000! It is definetely the same guitar as I have the serial number from earlier emails!

A little bit cheeky, eh? (It will be interesting what happens next as it was for sale previously for a long, long while, but, you know....some people have the luck...)

BluesKing777.

I used to be an avid watcher of E Bay but now it seems the auction part has gone and it is all up for sale price. The good thing about auctions is you do get the true value ( or near to) of an item as the value is created by the final sale price. When it is a buy it now price the asking price is what the vendor wants not the actual value so lots of guitars just sit there unsold.

I think most people that read the listings do so regularly, like Fretplay, so they also would have made note of the approx previous sale price. I suppose, like some retail shops with online prices at full list price, they are all hoping for a dopey customer to press that 'Buy' button.

And a different guitar has had a high price for so long the photo is part of the furniture....if you really want to sell anything...house, car, guitar...if it is not selling.....what is next? Drop the price!

BluesKing777.

Archived