Gibson Brands Forums

ES 335 Buzzing Problem

IanHenry

I have a 2010 ES335 that's causing me a bit of a problem, some notes cause a buzzing sound but I don't think it's the frets, it seems to be coming from the bridge area. I can't spot anything wrong and I don't play with a low action and I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ian

It may be.....

pickup screws/springs, try turning them a small amount.

Or bridge saddle screws, especially if you have a bridge with the retaining wire. Can drive you mad.

Best wishes.

It may be.....

pickup screws/springs, try turning them a small amount.

Or bridge saddle screws, especially if you have a bridge with the retaining wire. Can drive you mad.

Best wishes.

I agree with both suggestions.

I had a 1973 335 that the bridge saddles would drive me nuts.

But both suggestions are where I would look ( if you are sure it's not fret buzz )

That's the same thing with my Epiphone ES-339. It "buzzes" only when I hit certain strings at certain frets. It's not fret buzz... sounds more like it's coming from under one of the P-90s..... or somewhere else underneath the top.

Some knowledgeable gear head friends of mine checked it out, and they were stumped, as well.

I decided it was not a big enough issue to look into further. Did you ever figure it out on yours?

That's the same thing with my Epiphone ES-339. It "buzzes" only when I hit certain strings at certain frets. It's not fret buzz... sounds more like it's coming from under one of the P-90s..... or somewhere else underneath the top.

Some knowledgeable gear head friends of mine checked it out, and they were stumped, as well.

I decided it was not a big enough issue to look into further. Did you ever figure it out on yours?

No Darling (that just doesn't sound right [rolleyes]). Mine also only buzzes on certain strings and frets, it's quite odd. I think I'm going to have to take it to a luthier.

Regards,

Ian

Archived